james1989
Participant
@james1989

I have always wanted a tattoo but i have just got around to thinking about get one done soon. However i am a bit uncertain what to get and what will suit my body. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas, maybe tribal or maybe something a bit different . Thanks 🙂

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

1-Introduce yourself…. plain and simple. If you’re unsure about where to do that; look for the “INTRODUCE YOURSELF” section at the top of the forum listing.

2- If you’re unsure about what you should get, then my best educated guess would be that you’re NOT READY to get a tattoo. Don’t forget, that they are FOR LIFE.

3-Refer back to point #1

james1989
Participant
@james1989

Well my name is james and i am 20 years old and i am currently living in leeds and working as gym instructor. I have add the photos to see if i suit the idea.
What I was thinking is tot getting a maori tattoo design as i like curved shapes and spirals in intricate patterns within the tattoo.
So I am wanitng my own Maori Design to wear either a full sleeve or half that runs from arm and working onto my chest and down one side of ribs.So with anyone has got any pictures or extra ideas it would be great.

Thanks

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
james1989;57312 wrote:
Well my name is james and i am 20 years old and i am currently living in leeds and working as gym instructor. I have add the photos to see if i suit the idea.
What I was thinking is tot getting a maori tattoo design as i like curved shapes and spirals in intricate patterns within the tattoo.
So I am wanitng my own Maori Design to wear either a full sleeve or half that runs from arm and working onto my chest and down one side of ribs.So with anyone has got any pictures or extra ideas it would be great.

Thanks

Try http://www.google.com

It really works magic; it’s my home page.

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

I will second the if you have no idea, you aren’t ready motion. Don’t get a tattoo just so you have ink… wait until you KNOW you want something particular & continue to know for a while. I made that mistake– twice– at a young age. We can’t tell you what to get. Only you know what you love enough to look at from now till the day you die…:rolleyes:

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

dont get a tattoo till you know what you want or you will be coming back here for a cover up idea after a couple of months :rolleyes:

strick9
Participant
@strick9

Welcome James,waz up:cool:as said above,make sure you know what you want cause it want wash off.
In my opionmstay away from the tribal
thats my 2 cents,I just don’t like tribal

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Whatever design you choose to go with, your artist – if good- will be able to make it blend with your body shape.

DON’T get ink just to get it. KNOW before you even step in to the shop.

Tribal is an original first step for virgins and it’s becoming frightenly regular (I’m working at designs to cover one of mine up)
Do thorough research on designs and what you think you would like,

As Biker said…. INK IS FOREVER…..make sure you want to look at it every day in the mirror till the day you die.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there Blue.
Unfortunately, the guys over here who are the regulars at the gym all get tribal/tribal armbands, and think it’s the most badass thing going around.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Tribal is dead. It is so ugly when done huge or bad, which it mostly is.
If you really, really, really like the idea…
Look into traditional polynesian or Maori designs. There is an artist (sorry I forgot his name) who lived in Hawaii and follows traditional patterns. The designs are tight, geometric, and mostly executed in browns, rust, and ochre. The results are stunning. True tribal, but very nice and original.
Do some research. and PLEASE! Don’t get an ugly, solid black tribal!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.