jamesfour2zero
Participant
@jamesfour2zero

any one know what kind of style this is or where i could find similar deigns?
i don’t have a tattoo and have found it really hard find something i liked, but i love this and the guy that did it designed it himself,its beautiful.Also why i don’t want to completely rip off this guys tat lol.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

The style is called tribal. I have a couple of this style myself. They will soon be covered or incorporated into real artwork. I was really into tribal when I was your age. it happens. But now that I’ve gotten much more into tattoos and the amazing artists and artwork that are out the, I want something more complex than plain black lines. I want some quality shading. I want a tattoo that has some artistic merit rather than a stencil and a bunch of black ink.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
ontwo;55807 wrote:
The style is called tribal. I have a couple of this style myself. They will soon be covered or incorporated into real artwork. I was really into tribal when I was your age. it happens. But now that I’ve gotten much more into tattoos and the amazing artists and artwork that are out the, I want something more complex than plain black lines. I want some quality shading. I want a tattoo that has some artistic merit rather than a stencil and a bunch of black ink.

I agree 🙂

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Yeah, tribal.
Never liked it at all, never will. Fat boring geometric black lines, with little to no creativity put into them.
My personal opinion anyway, I’ll get off my high horse :rolleyes:

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

As the others said its tribal, go on google for pics or even ask a tattoo artist to draw one up for you. x

jamesfour2zero
Participant
@jamesfour2zero

ok you guys clearly mis understood, what STYLE of tribal is this?

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

its called filigree tribal, but it has had the chequer and stars added to it

jamesfour2zero
Participant
@jamesfour2zero

thank you 😀

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Well seeing as its not from an actual tribe, I’m gonna say it’s generic, run-o-the-mill tribal. This particular one is really badly done, too.
You said the guy designed it himself… so its a safe bet that its not culture specific.
If you like the shape of it, print it out and take it to your artist. They will be able to draw something up for you that looks a lot cleaner.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.