miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Hi guys, well ive been searching for a cover up idea and think I may have found one that I can use without it being too dark. But would love some advice as to whether it would cover up my tattoo or not…am thinking of getting some of the shading done in purple to lighten it up a bit…thanks Ivy xxx

this:

to cover the writing on my neck:

alanw58
Participant
@alanw58

Hi Ivy…

Well personally I’d go for something a bit more colourful like a dragon or snake coiling up your back & up your neck 🙂 But your “flower” should cover everything up ok on your back not sure about your neck though… is the tattoo the right shape to go up there?

Sorry not very helpful but…

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Not sure if its the right shape really but am sure the tattooist could do a bit of a tweak for me, its just the writing I need to cover…didnt realise my other was in the pic. x

alanw58
Participant
@alanw58

Ah ok – it should work fine then 🙂 xx

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Thanks Ive got flowers below the phoniex on the small of my back so Im hoping it will look ok so close. x

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

In my (very) unprofessional opinion, I think it would work, you might have to settle for a bit of heavier shading to cover up your old tattoo.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Yes the tattoo can be shaped to cover the orig tattoo and I would advise using blacks, blues, purples to cover over the lettering.

If you go very dark at the tops of the petals you can then shade out gradually to a much paler hue towards the middle and end of the flowers.

I think it will make a much nicer piece – that is still a very unusual tattoo. I read why you got it and just out of curiosity did they check it was a real one?

I mean you could have used stage makeup and sent the pic or did they send a person to verify etc?

You don’t have to share I am admittedly a very nosey bastard by nature. 🙂

Take Care
Matthew

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Lol..I had to send them a video of the tattoo being done in a studio close up, and had to send pics afterwards too. So no way of faking it, but definalty worth it! x

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

would look and work well with blues purples and pinks :rolleyes:

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Thanks for the advice guys, to be honest Im a bit worried about having my hair up in public at the moment because I worry too much about someone saying something to me. x

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i got japanese writing starting at the top of my neck and no one has ever said anything to me , most don’t notice it to be honest.

i know this is bigger but its still a easily hidden tattoo really 😉

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Yeah I had a family do and it was ok because I had my hair down, so it wasnt too bad but just know if they see it theyll be really upset about it. x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.