Stevenson
Participant
@stevenson

Hey guys, I need some help with my first tattoo design I have a rough idea in my head but I just need to incorporate it completely. Its a 5 tier pyramid and right above and slightly behind the top point of the pyramid is a flaming eye, almost like the eye of sauron from lord of the rings; and the eye itself is inside of a sun that wraps around the mid part of the pyramid.
This tattoo mixes alot of personal parts of my life so far and I think I want to add phrases in chinese caligraphy below and to the right of the tattoo. As for location I’m trying to fit it on my right upper arm by my shoulder.

Any help in how I can incorporate all this or even a rough pencil sketch would really help thanks guys.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i have seen these pyramid and eye tattoos many times before but i dont have any idea of the meaning of it.
i will have to ask my friend , he has it tattoed on his palm and one eyelid ( crazy )

i personally would not have kanji with it , in my opinion the two dont go well together

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i like the concept of the tattoo design and yes it has been done similar many many times before….

i gree with butterfly about the kanji…… they dont go well together at all

tszkm
Participant
@tszkm

There is a misperception here that Kanji is the same as Chinese calligraphy.

Whether you add Chinese characters to it or not, keep in mind that Kanji IS NOT Chinese. Kanji are Japanese symbols taken from the Chinese writing system. Although they look the same, sometimes they do mean very different things.

Given the design in general, I agree with butterfly and outlaw.. adding Japanese Kanji or Chinese characters may not be a very good idea – unless you can come up with something that may be a bit more culturally related?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.