xrobinson33x
Participant
@xrobinson33x

Hello all, this is my first post here. I was hoping to get some advice on ways to expand on a tattoo I already have.

Here’s the catch, I have enlisted in the Air Force and they do not allow full sleeves. You can have tattoos on your forearms, but only if they don’t cover a certain percentage (which I don’t remember). I had originally intended to getting a full sleeve on my right arm but I cannot now. So instead, I want to get a half sleeve that ends at the elbow (that could possibly be turned into a full sleeve when i get out of the Air Force if I so choose)

This is the tattoo I want to add on to:
http://s687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/xrobinson33x/?action=view&current=firsttattoo.jpg&newest=1

It’s a tribal eagle I got to represent freedom. Not so much the freedom in a political sense, but more day to day life. Freedom from judgment, people telling me what I should and shouldn’t do, basically just freedom to do my own thing. Plus I just like the image!

What I want is to put a quote underneath the eagle in like a scripture type font. I’ve narrowed my choices down to 3, but I’m definitely open to any ideas!

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
“Only after we have lost everything, are we free to do anything.”
“Freedom cannot be bestowed, it must be achieved.”

Now is the part I’m stuck on. I’m trying to think up a design to tie the 2 together. There’s enough room above the eagle to put another image, but I have no ideas for that part either. Any tips and/or thought are appreciated!

Thanks!

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’m not much help, but I’m digging the Fight Club quote.

xrobinson33x
Participant
@xrobinson33x

Thanks, that’s the one I was leaning towards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.