Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Ok folks, this is my next tattoo. The problem I am having, is that I can’t think of what I want for wording around it. My wife’s name is Kat. She loves Tigers, and I have decided to get a tattoo with a tiger in it, but I would like to have some wording around the tattoo, that also has her name. I just can’t think of anything to go with this pattern. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any ideas. Here is a pic of the new pattern:

TigerDragonandYin-Yang.jpg

Phat_Goddess
    Participant
    @phat_goddess

I personally think it would look better without wording around it. You could find an old chinese proverb or something that you like to put around it if you do want writing.

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Well, I like the pattern quite a bit as it is, but I really would like to do the not quite right thing, and get my wifes name on my. I figured due to her love of tigers, that if possible I would try to incorporate it in to this tattoo. I thought that perhaps someone could help me to find a way to fit it in. You know, “Kat – Tiger” lol. I just thought that perhaps there could be some sort of connection. If not, I will have to figure out some other way. lol Thanks anyways.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i like the design but it will need to be large to do the tiger and dragon any justice .
    also i wouldn’t having any wording around it unless its chinese or japanese

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

You could always have ‘The Protector Of My Heart’ at the top shaped around the top and her name underneath.

To be honest though the design does not leave a lot of room for wording to bed added unless you had it translated it down either side?

Take Care
    Matthew

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

My wife and I really like the idea that you provided Matthew. I am working on trying to locate a font that will go with the rest of the design nicely. I have already put the tiger and such on my leg, but I don’t want to post a pic until I get the wording around it. Thanks.

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Well, I have done the picture, I am ust going to let it heal a bit before I put the text in it. Once I have that done, I will upload it to my album. Here is the Pic of the main drawing.

102_1123.jpg

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

That is looking very sweet
    Who was the artist?

Take Care
    Matthew

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

I am the artist. lol This one is on the inside of my right calf. Once I do the text, I’ll add it to my album. Just wanted to let it heal a bit before I torment my flesh down there anymore. I’m going to use your recommendation on the wording, I have chosen a Shanghai Font to give the words a bit of an oriental feel to kinda go with the rest of it. I did that part of it before seeing your recommendation on the phrase though. In a week or so, I’ll do the rest of it.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

That is one killer piece of ink man.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Thanks y’all. It means alot coming from all of you.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

I gotta say you have one damn steady hand – I don’t think I could tattoo myself.
    I can sit still and let others but must be a seriously different feeling when doing yourself.

I am really glad you liked the phrase and really looking forward to seeing the end result.

Take care
    Matthew

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Thanks bud. It is different. But it came out nicely. Thanks again.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

looking alright 😉 are you a tattooist in a shop then ?
    did i miss your intro :rolleyes:

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Well, I was kinda avoiding this question. I don’t quite practice what I preach. I am not in a shop. I think you commented in my intro. I am a Union Ironworker by trade been an artist all of my life, and have some pieces on display in my home town. I have studied long before touching a “machine” and know my boundaries. Please don’t be upset with me y’all. My intention was not to deceive, as I now feel that I have, but I enjoy the discussions here, and love the artwork. I also love what I do, with my career choice, and pursuing the art.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
    • The topic ‘Need help with my new design.’ is closed to new replies.