notanotherxerox
    Participant
    @notanotherxerox

I want to get a tattoo that says “speak remembering we were never meant to survive” either on my forearm or as a chestpiece. I was thinking about maybe putting a pocket watch with it because of the not surviving part being related to time. Anyone have any better ideas or ideas how to make it flow with the quote?

I’m also going to get “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.”
    Any suggestions as to what image might go with that?
    I was thinking of putting “those who stand for nothing” on my left wrist near a paw print tattoo, and the “fall for anything” on my right where I have a recycling sign with some vines and flowers. Would it look ok being separated since the “fall for anything” has less words than the first part? I don’t want it to look to uneven.
    This quote means a lot to me because I have very strong beliefs regarding animal rights, the environment, and politics, etc. I thought to put it near my wrist tattoos because that what they stand for, but again I don’t know how to make it look like they go together. I have absolutely no idea what to draw with it if I keep the lines together and not on both wrists. I really need help with that one.

Any suggestions for what to do with these quotes? Thank you so much for your time!!!! Sorry this is long, I hope I explained everything ok. I can add pictures of my wrists if that would help.

-Tabitha

p.s: Please don’t tell me to go to my tattoo artist, I am in the hospital for a while and thought I’d work on my tattoos to waste some time.

sorrowlovesEmilie
    Participant
    @sorrowlovesemilie

sounds like an awesomes idea, really like it, yes for the wrist one you might have a problem with unveveness, maybe try lengthening the second part I mean I know it’s a quote but it’s not against the law to modify it to suit, maybe put ‘will fall for anything’ or something to make it a 5-4 word split rather than a 5-3 word split. and as for the idea with the pocket watch very nice, erm not sure maybe have the chain of the pocket watch underling the quote, or even make the writing chain like *shrugs* and i’m sure you could kill many hours scourering for the exact perfect font to match the tone you want your tattoo to express, i know it took me long enough, haha. get well soon, hope i’ve been of some help 🙂

notanotherxerox
    Participant
    @notanotherxerox

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it:)

Adding to the quote will actually work out really well because theres a lot of variations to the quote and arguements about how it was originally worded and by who. Using the chain to underline the other quote sounds like it would look nice. Theres so many fonts out there I’m sure I can use up time for the rest of my hospital stay and more! I love wasting time but actually getting something done, haha.

Thank you again! You were definitely helpful.

-Tabitha

MissP83
    Participant
    @missp83

audre lorde. impressive

notanotherxerox
    Participant
    @notanotherxerox

Most people have no idea what that quotes from. You’ve impressed me:)

MissP83
    Participant
    @missp83

glad to return the favor 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.