baji91
    @

Hello. Im am 18years old, and have been thinking about a tattoo for long time, but cant seem to find the correct one, so now im trying to find some help from you guys on the net. Im thinking of wriiting something on my arm, something that will remind me of what I have, appreciate what i have, because i often forget how lucky I am having a healthy life, a roof over my house and a good family. Maybe someone have a symbol of something, a sentence, a word, a poem something that symbolizes my feelings.
    Thanks, there is no hurry, I want the first tattoo to be without regrets.

vaggerbond
    Participant
    @vaggerbond

One of my friends had a song that meant alot to her especially a certain part of it. Instead of getting the words tattoo’d on her she got the small piece of music (the notes) tattoo’d. It looks amazing and it’s really personal to her. From what you’re saying it sounds a lot like You don’t know what you’ve got till its gone, or you could find another song and get the music notes tattoo’d.
    Just a suggestion!

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

If you don’t want to have regrets, I’d first suggest not getting a text only tattoo. No matter how good they look on paper, they oh so often look like shit on your skin. Plus, let’s face it, it’s lame to just have a tag line on you.

But, and think this is the bigger issue, if you don’t know what you want, wait. Flash work, kanji, or even having someone come up with an idea from scratch for you defeats the purpose of tattooing. Tattooing is supposed to reveal something about you, something that resonates with who you are and who you want to be–what gets your rocks off.

If you’re serious, sit down and figure out what imagery appeals to you, and stands for the things you’d want them to.

And remember, tattoos are one of the purest form of art because they are art for art’s sake. What you get doesn’t need to have a deep, personal significance for you–that’s a myth propagated by idiots like those at Miami Ink et al, or middle class suburbanities who feel bad for their rebellions and come up with a justification after the fact. All it has to be is an image or idea that resonates with you—it don’t need a story.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Oops–double post! Sorry ya’all.

Love. Peace. Metallica. Again.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Well me and KH always differ on the issue whether a tattoo needs deep personal significance ๐Ÿ˜€

3 of my tattoos have deep personal significance to me (and no Knighty I sure as hell ain’t middle-class lol ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

But on the other-hand I rarely explain what my tattoos mean to anybody unless they specifically asked as I got them done for myself.

But that said my backpiece I want is just pure art because I like it. So i reckon it can be either for a meaning or pure art it does not really matter.

You really need to focus on what it is you are wanting and why you want it. I spent from the age of 12 to 26 thinking about what ink I wanted.

I figured there was no rush and I certainly have no regrets over my tattoos.

I was however tempted to get ‘Your Name’ tattooed on my right butt cheek for giggles.

Take your time and think about what really represents you.

Is there any special flowers or animals that you really like or a favourite sport or poem?

Take Care
    Matthew

gotrojans
    Participant
    @gotrojans

Good attitude, but don’t rush. Seriously. Trust me ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

hi

its really hard for us to make suggestions about something meaningful to you when we dont know you !
    but if you show us your ideas and tell us your likes and dislikes we will be able to tell you if your idea translates well as a tattoo :rolleyes:

tana

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.