pillowtalk6188
    Participant
    @pillowtalk6188

I didn’t think my first tattoo through very well. (never heard that one before huh) anyway, now i’d like to get my tacky tramp stamp covered up. either with something that looks nicer than a bunch of lines or with a small backpiece. thing is i have no idea how you could put a backpiece in the area i have the tattoo and it look ok.

any ideas? here is a picture of the “mistake”
    tattoo-1.jpg

you can see how low it is right here. also a picture of another tattoo i have.
    tat.jpg

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

well i for one dont believe in the so called tramp stamp, i just look at it as art, and to be quite honest thats a better tattoo than you have on the rest of ya

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

I don’t like the term ‘tramp stamp’ anyhow.

But looking at the tattoo what is wrong with it? It is nicely shaded the lines are tight and the design is quite unique to the many I have seen. (And trust me I have seen some really crappy ones lol).
    If you were to cover it up you would have to get something quite large and sizeable.
    Personally I would leave it alone, or maybe add to it with another design to enhance the apperance if you are not happy with the present one.

For a cover up you would need something bold – a dragon or maybe something deep floral. You could also go thick line tribal.
    Have you considered maybe adding a small floral feel to it – maybe some ivy or blossoms to add some colour to it?

Good luck with it anyway.

Matthew

pillowtalk6188
    Participant
    @pillowtalk6188
    Izarrasink;34213 wrote:
    well i for one dont believe in the so called tramp stamp, i just look at it as art, and to be quite honest thats a better tattoo than you have on the rest of ya

thanks. i don’t know if you’re talking about the blurriness on the stars, but thats just my crappy cell phone. the stars aren’t really blurry in person. i like them alot. all my curent tattoos are done by the same person.

pillowtalk6188
    Participant
    @pillowtalk6188
    Sherav;34215 wrote:
    I don’t like the term ‘tramp stamp’ anyhow.

But looking at the tattoo what is wrong with it? It is nicely shaded the lines are tight and the design is quite unique to the many I have seen. (And trust me I have seen some really crappy ones lol).
    If you were to cover it up you would have to get something quite large and sizeable.
    Personally I would leave it alone, or maybe add to it with another design to enhance the apperance if you are not happy with the present one.

For a cover up you would need something bold – a dragon or maybe something deep floral. You could also go thick line tribal.
    Have you considered maybe adding a small floral feel to it – maybe some ivy or blossoms to add some colour to it?

Good luck with it anyway.

Matthew

what do you mean by DEEP floral? that sounds nice. i’ve really come to appreciate floral lately, esp the really colorful stuff. do you have any examples. i’m not sure i really know what you mean. i’ve been looking high and low for some thing i can cover it with but i just don’t know anything about the process.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi pillowtalk

Sorry I forget sometimes we are multinational and I use Brit slang.

A deep floral is where you have nch of flowers that group together closely so that they form a tight bunch of rich colour or colours if you mix the flower types eg tulips and roses. This would be a piece that is large, bold and very very colourful. Like a bouqet of flowers.

Light floral tends to be a single flower or floating blossoms that are spread out across the area.

My scanner is broken so I cannot get the pics I have of these onto my computer.
    I do have a suggestion which may enhance your tribal ( I am biased I like the design) is to add some ivy and or lilies that entwine through the loops.
    Or you could have some blood roses (very very red, sometimes portrayed with small drops of blood from the petals or thorns) added to or over the tattoo.

Blossoms my also work as an extension of the tattoo. maybe cast a few around the outside and within to brighten the tattoo.

I am not an artist but feel on something like that enhancement would work much better than cover up.

Off thread for a second I am working on a book about tattoos and taboos (as well as the designs of course) – I really love that picture could I use it or maybe mail you a few questions about your tattoo story?

Matthew

pillowtalk6188
    Participant
    @pillowtalk6188

sure, i might even be able to get a better picture. let me know, i might buy a copy.

thanks for the help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.