daz
    Participant
    @daz

i want a tattoo across my side (ribs)

i was thinking of lyrics i like

they’re lyrics that mean something to me
    but i wanted just an opinion on which ones sound stupid or may look stupid when i’m older

here they are

‘when the romance died, she tried to hide, the fact she stole my dream’

‘an obvious disinterest, a barely managed smile, a deep nod in agreement, a status quo exile’

‘why be rich if my folk’s are poor? why be in the sky if they’re on the floor?’

any comments would be cool

thanks

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

None of them mean anything to anyone else so it doesn’t matter. No one will even notice them so it is only important what is important to you. I know when wearing tattoos you can feel people are looking at your work, but the reality is no one cares or is intereted, especially enough to read lyrics on your ribs.
    Not shrugging off your post by the way, just shining a little light on your dilema to make your choice much easier.

Good luck.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

I have to disagree a little wth you scrubmuncher.
    Human curiosity is a trait that always makes us look at things and ‘judge’ them even if we do not verbalise it.
    Tattooing is art so people will look. Many will not be moved some will.

The issue of the lyrics is only important yourself – but as it passes I quite liked them. Did you write them yourself? Also the thing with any philosophy or metaphor etc is that our feelings about them change from day to day according to our moods. My mate has a tattoo that reads that ‘Each day is a gift not a right’ he told me when he broke his kneecap some days he wanted to rip the tattoo off as it was mocking him but when his mother passed away later that year he confided that it reminded him to carry on. I guess you will have days where it means more than others.

All I would recommend is that you get a decent artist to put them on so that you are happy with it.

Good luck and cannot wait to see it.

Matthew

daz
    Participant
    @daz

thanks guys
    thats what i wanted to hear to be honest

i wish i had wrote them but
    the first is from a local band ‘the rough charm – better off alone’
    the second is from ‘rise against – ‘survive’
    and the third is from a london mc called bashy

thanks again
    i will post a picture when i have it done

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

That i fine sherav, you sort of proved my point. People with ink and especially those going through a period of gaining more ink may feel people are as interested in ink as they are. I do not need to repeat myself but unless I’m walking 6 foot behind someone on the street with his top off and a tattoo on his back I never even notice what is in the skin, sure we acknowledge the fact a tattoo is there, but fuck me you must be very intrusive to ever get close enough to see what others have (friends and partners excluded).

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Actually scrubmuncher yiou are right – I am very intrusive 🙂

My job as a fraud investigator requires it and you cannot help but notice the little details around you as these are the things that make up complex patterns. It becomes a habitual way of thinking.

It is a habit and I am not shy about asking people to show me their tattoos if i find them interesting – worst they can say is no.

Well different strokes and all that.

Take care

Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.