tattman91
    Participant
    @tattman91

ok well i have two more designs that are awaiting to be inked….

this one is as you guessed it,. a ned kelly design… i designed it myself and had a freind sketch it up in one of our sit downs.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z153/bobbieboy91/DSC04019.jpg

it is not complete yet but will be black and grey with highlights of colour through it. eg… a brown high light through the scrolls and a rusted colouring high light to the helmet to keep that cast iron appeal. it will also have a smokey effect as a back ground behind the helmet which will follow on above it.

i will post the finished product in this thread when i get it done. hoping to do it in a few weeks time.

this design is to go on my left shoulder blade to compliment my southern cross design which is on my right shoulder. if you look in my albums you will find my back shot. please let me know of any ideas on how i can improve the design…

the second design is a work in progress which will be in rememberence of my great grand father which past away a few years ago. he was a ww2 veteran and recieved 4 medals upon leaving the army after the war.

the design will be the 4 medals side by side on my chest on the left peck as if i am wearing them.
    either side of the medals will have his date of birth on the left of it and the date of death on the right of the medals.

above the 4 medals will be his name. which is Ronald George Trevillian. this will be arched above the 4 medals in cursive writing.
    below the medals will be a caption that im yet to think of. if any ideas let my know.

i was close to my great grand father. he lived across the road from my primary school and i used to go see him every day after school. i remember watching burgoes catch fraze with him on tv and mash right afterwards. while doing this we munched on biscuits and drank hot chocolate.

he was a very sick man even after the war. while away in papua new guinea fighting the japs he was injured by a bayonet and was missing from teh battalian. he lost his way and became very ill with fever and malaria. a native called simon found him and saved his life. he was ill and missing for 6 months until a battalian passing through the village had found him and he had rejoined the regiment.

he went to war weiging exactly 90kilos. he came back weighing a measley 60kilos.
    because of simon i got to know my grand father. having saved his life i have now known and said good bye to my grand father who passed away 2 days after his 81st birthday back in 2003. for that i am great ful.

sorry for the long post but it gives you an insight to a great mans life and a story only few know of.

kindest regards,
    rob

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.