LUNU
    Participant
    @lunu

what could have made this piece better? did this piece a while ago. took this picture when the whiskers werent done yet.
    whats your guys opinion? oh and sorry for the double posted threads >_< how do i delete?

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

the shading is pretty bad. line work inconsistent.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Those kitties don’t like each other at all. Or maybe they’re mad about their proportions and lines and taking it out on each other.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@GrayCatLove 132916 wrote:

Those kitties don’t like each other at all. Or maybe they’re mad about their proportions and lines and taking it out on each other.

Nah. Little kitty is telling big kitty a secret.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I do not like them, the one on the left looks like its been starved and the tiger just looks very amateurish 🙁

Here’s a picture of mine on my thigh to show you what is possible 🙂

Dmitry.jpg
    image post

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@yodaddynukka 132913 wrote:

the shading is pretty bad. line work inconsistent.

This plus the kitty on the left looks as if it was freehanded by a 3rd grader

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’m not a tattoo artist, but they may be able to be saved. Get a great tattoo ARTIST though. Don’t go back to the amateur that did those.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 133156 wrote:

I’m not a tattoo artist, but they may be able to be saved. Get a great tattoo ARTIST though. Don’t go back to the amateur that did those.

You’re also not a veterinarian. I’m sorry. We’ll have to put the cats down, Sam.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 133161 wrote:

You’re also not a veterinarian. I’m sorry. We’ll have to put the cats down, Sam.

Sorry….. 🙁

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Constructive criticism;

First of all I would suggest a relining on the outline of the cat on the left. It needs to have thicker and bolder lines, especially around the ear and nose.

I would make better use of shading around both cats – they both look a little fuzzy and with better depth it will help with the size perception.

The cat on the right would benefit from a deeper shade and fill on the stripes and also both could use some touching up with white highlights for tone and comparison.
    Peterpoose’s ink gives a good example on the use of highlight and shade.

The line work on the fangs also require a bit of extra bolding as there is slight wobble – easy to fix that.

With a good artist that piece can def be turned into a decent piece of art. You could also consider having leaves or shade background to bring it more together.

Alternatively you could get a major full backpiece and have them covered over without too much trouble.

Take care
    Matthew

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I believe he is the tattooist not the canvas

kittykat200
    Participant
    @kittykat200

Realism is an exceptionally hard style to master, you need to be so on point because the slightest thing will throw the whole piece off. Unfortunately (if you are the artist) you can long before you could walk here and this never should have been attempted at this stage. Parts of it have so much potential and other parts are just so off. Get back to sketching, only when your sketches are damn near perfect would i even think about starting another project like this. Even then… start small.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.