resjuan
    Participant
    @resjuan

hey, i’m 19 years old and currently live in Sydney Australia. I enjoy drawing, although i do not have an art background and have not taken any art classes or studies as such. in the little bit of spare time i get between work and studying i like to draw. i am very interested in the art of tattooing and would love to one day get a foot in the door, i wanted to upload some of my sketches just to receive some constructive criticism and see if any of use think i might have what it takes to one day become an apprentice, cheers. p.s I’m new to this forum so hopefully i upload the pictures properly

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

“From the streets with love” much? (very expensive flash book)
    Some of your scetches look like bad copies of the work in there..
    You’re a bit all over the place. Completely different designes crammed into one piece of paper. Like a dragon, hanya mask, tiger, flowers etc? Use more space. They don’t flow together very well.
    Try some basics, something that actually works for tattoos! It’s hard to see anything when there is SO much going on.
    Technically it needs some work, especially with the shading. Your lettering looks very good, though.
    Check out some youtube videos, some online tutorials etc, and I’m sure you’ll learn plenty! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like you have some talent for drawing. Keep at it.

Keep us posted. (do you have any tattoos?)

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

To my untrained eye, it looks like you may have the beginnings of something:)

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Take some art classes. I can only help.

resjuan
    Participant
    @resjuan

@poxphobia 131918 wrote:

“From the streets with love” much? (very expensive flash book)
    Some of your scetches look like bad copies of the work in there..
    You’re a bit all over the place. Completely different designes crammed into one piece of paper. Like a dragon, hanya mask, tiger, flowers etc? Use more space. They don’t flow together very well.
    Try some basics, something that actually works for tattoos! It’s hard to see anything when there is SO much going on.
    Technically it needs some work, especially with the shading. Your lettering looks very good, though.
    Check out some youtube videos, some online tutorials etc, and I’m sure you’ll learn plenty! ๐Ÿ™‚

cheers for the feedback, ye by no means am i trying to display these as if there custom or original, like i said i just like to draw in my spare time. I do try an change it up (the image i refer to). i have lately been trying to come up with some custom work, i try it with my script the most, but as mentioned art classes would be my best bet, which i have actually been thinking about looking into. i havnt actually seen that flash book, but yeh possibly some of the images have been from there? ill give it a search anyway. thanks for the response

resjuan
    Participant
    @resjuan

@Sam-I-Am 131933 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like you have some talent for drawing. Keep at it.

Keep us posted. (do you have any tattoos?)

ye i have a couple of tattoos, currently studying at the moment though, so pretty broke. once i get a job i want to complete my leg (started an australian theme)

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Don’t worry about not doing only your own work just yet. Copy everything! It’s a great way to learn! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Look at art you like, try to figure out WHY you like it, what elements, composition etc you see. If you wanna be better at drawing Japanese art, copy a dragon 20 times and I promise you’re gonna learn a LOT from it.(20 probably won’t be necessary though ;D ) Pick up an A3 piece of paper and fill it with ten different kinds of facial expressions, angles etc for the head. Another one with different scales. Different legs. Bodies. Eventually, you’ll be able to draw your very own without looking at anything ๐Ÿ™‚ Best way to learn, is simply to draw.
    Drawing a ball without a single line is a nice shading technique, by the way. So are roses ๐Ÿ™‚
    “from the streets with love” is a very popular flash book, and a very good one! So those designs are a bit everywhere now, hard to miss some influence when looking at that kind of art ๐Ÿ™‚ You got tons of potential. Just.. Draw ๐Ÿ™‚

shellybelly
    Participant
    @shellybelly

You have SO much potential. I would love to see some of your original artwork. Keep at it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.