blinkbunny182
@

I just turned 18 and got this a few days ago. I’ve been wanting the phrase “follow your bliss” since I was about 16, but didn’t have the balls to get the whole thing tattoo’d on me, so I just got “bliss”.

I kind of wish I had gotten it a little lighter and smaller, but this is what I ended up with. I hate the feeling of having regrets about it, but hopefully the feeling goes away soon.
My cousin told me it looks tacky, but others have told me it doesn’t..What do you guys think, and will it fade soon, and not look so dark? The lighting makes it look not so dark…but it is, extremely.
Be honest. :confused:
Sorry guys, just freaking out a little.
Thanks. 🙂

J1JlZ.jpg

Panter
Participant
@panter

It will lighten when it peels, has that happened yet? it will also lighten further over time if you expose it to plenty of sunlight.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t like it, it looks shoddy and the linework is poor. Was it done at a shop?
Hopefully you’ll get to like it, if not, you could get it covered (by a decent artist though next time) or get some laser treatment and remove it.

Sorry that you don’t like it, but you may grow to as you get used to it. It’s a bit of a shock to the system when it sinks in that it’s permanent so you may just be getting used to it.

good luck, keep us posted,

Chris 🙂

Panter
Participant
@panter

Sorry, just to add…

If you’ve been wanting this for Two Years, I imagine it’s just the shock of actually seeing it there.
You may want to get it touched up by a good artist though after a few Months so it doesn’t look so rough.
The fact you wished it was smaller sounds as if it is regret at having it at all, bigger is always better IMO 😀

Give it a little time (you’ll have to anyway before you can do anything about it) and see how you feel about it then.
Oh, and it doesn’t matter whether or not anyone thinks it’s tacky or not, it’s purely down to what you think. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone elses stinks so don’t worry about other peoples opinions on whether it’s tacky or not.

If you want my opinion (and why would you) then I don’t think the wording is tacky, I just don’t like the font.

TypH
Participant
@typh

if it’s something you wanted for a long time then you should be happy with it, maybe you rushed into it a bit and just picked the first font you thought was kind of neat, personally I don’t like the font either it’s to “flashy” in a way, and what I mean by that is that it looks like a piece of wall flash or stick and peel tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yep you will regret it. You should have gotten on your ankle.
How many shirts do you have in?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Not a fan of it, but if you like it that’s all that matters.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Awww, sorry, but I don’t care too much for it. I hate to say that, but I really don’t. If you like it, then it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. Welcome to the forum, by the way. Hope we didn’t scare you off! :):):)

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

So having wanted the phrase “follow your bliss” for 2 years you got bliss??
I dont get it at all follow your bliss doesnt even make sense to me.

If you wish you had gotten it a little lighter and smaller why didnt you ask for small and light? After all you had been thinking about it for 2 years so you must have known exactly how you wanted it to look.

If you have regrets about it already I have to tell you the feeling does not go away.

It is a shame you didnt go to a good artist but after only thinking about your tattoo for two years I suppose you didnt have time to find one.

Sadly this tattoo is exactly why I am in business.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do, can I suggest with respect that you actually give it some real thought and dont rush into another disaster.

Zombiecupcake
Participant
@zombiecupcake

I also dont like “follow your bliss”. And since you chose to get your first tattoo on your arm be lucky you didnt get that phrase because you would be constantly explaining what it means or why you got that. People love to ask what text says if you have it on your arms and if you have to explain it often it gets really old.

I got my first tattoo when I was 17 and I dont regret it, it reminds me of how I was when i was 17, I drew it myself and stressed to the artist that I wanted it exactly how I drew it. Its ugly and poorly drawn but I dont regret it. I would never regret any of my tattoos because they represent certain things in my past and I thought them through! That particular tattoo is also on my back. I wouldnt have been so bold as to get one on my arms at such a young age.

If your first thought is regret then asking strangers on a forum their opinions is not going to make you feel better about it.
Either you like it or you dont, just take it as a lesson, such is life.
Hope this doesnt turn off your interest in tattoos, a well thought out piece of work and a great artist can make a lifelong piece of unique art that you can enjoy on your body forever.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Welcome to the forum!

Personally I don’t like it either. It may have gone better long ways.

If you still like the tattoo idea you can add to it and make a nice piece on your arm.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I guess you rushed out to get this after turning 18?

I like to think of ink as somethign that should never be rushed. Im an old fuddy duddy and I plan my ink, and plan and plan
The stuff lasts forever and doesnt come off easily,

One thing that is important is to get exactyl what you wnat, dont let anyone tell you different,
I use another method, I come up with an idea, I wait 6 months, if it is still a good idea I will look at booking an artist for it,

You will find you get whims about a certain thing that would be cool……….at the moment it is………6 months later you feel different and would not get it inked

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.