davidsimpson93
Participant
@davidsimpson93

This is my fist tattoo design and actually the first drawing I can even remember doing since primary school so don’t diss 😛 Obviously a necklace design with the Egyptian symbol for life on it, ankh. The cross will probably be a dirty gold or something then with a blue sapphire in the center. The idea is that a beam of energy/light is coming out of it and sort of curling round my body shooting out stars and moons. The beam of light is probably going to be red blue and green, possibly yellow. Obviously the beam of light wont be in straight lines and will have more of a natural look to it but this is quite minimalistic and I couldn’t be bothered to add a lot of detail. Also this beam of light where it goes off the body will go on to the back then join up but I couldn’t be bothered to draw the back of the person yet

https://picasaweb.google.com/106237719994932705298/Tattoo#5625272163782063586

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I don’t understand you… you want our opinion on the design, but forbid negative opinions?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Don’t quit your day job.

davidsimpson93
Participant
@davidsimpson93

No I am fine to take negative comments about the tattoo I was just saying I’d rather people judge my actual tattoo rather than the drawing 🙂

Also no need being cocky saying don’t quit your day job when I’m not claiming to be good at drawing I just simply have a tattoo idea I want and wanted to see peoples reaction.:eek:

ArniVidar
@arnividar
davidsimpson93;90226 wrote:
No I am fine to take negative comments about the tattoo I was just saying I’d rather people judge my actual tattoo rather than the drawing 🙂

Ah, gotcha! That makes more sense 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I don’t like the idea at all. With the spiraling pattern around your torso, you’re essentially gonna look striped. That is far too little ink on far too big a canvas. At best I could place it as an arm piece, but even then it’d probably be strange. It also reminds me a bit of a TinTin book.

As for the neclace, I’ve never understood people that tattoo necklaces around their necks. For the price of that tattoo you could probably buy an ankh necklace with a blue saphire (or rather zircon or other such cheaper blue rock), which would A) be seen outside the clothing and B) be removeable once you tire of it.

davidsimpson93
Participant
@davidsimpson93

I think you have made some valid points there. I’m still keen on the necklace but I think I do need to do a lot of work on what to do with it.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

img001.jpg

If you like it go for it. But watch the colors on the stripe thing you don’t want it to look like a rainbow because that is just gay.
You got some big ass muscles there

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

i just don’t like rosery beads to start off with. But if you like the idea man go for it!

Amok
Participant
@amok

I think that could look pretty strange from the back, it won’t make any sense to someone looking at you from behind. You will look like you’ve sat down on a freshly painted bench or something.

If you could re-design it so you can see the entire tattoo from one angle, it could be a lot better.

davidsimpson93
Participant
@davidsimpson93

Some awesome feedback here. So so right about the colours.. I was actually going to go for a rainbow style but I agree that’s going to look so feminine, any ideas on other colours for the stripe?

Have you got any ideas for something other than rosery beads? I picked these because they were simple so they wont look too over the top for any future tattoos on that region.

Really good point about the angle from the back maybe I could design it just on the chest again with beams of light and stars and moons shooting out from all angles but not venturing off far, also leaving my back as a large blank canvas for more tattoos.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
davidsimpson93;90253 wrote:
.. I was actually going to go for a rainbow style but I agree that’s going to look so feminine, any ideas on other colours for the stripe?

It’s not that it’s feminine it is that the gays use the rainbow to let other gays know that they are gay. That’s whats up with the rainbow stickers on there cars. Maybe go with black,yellow, and blue.

davidsimpson93
Participant
@davidsimpson93

Learn something new everyday aha :p I like the idea of those colours I think they would work kind of give it more of an eery look while still standing out, thanks a lot

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

I was thinking the same thing as Buttwheat. It’s a fine idea if you’re gay, otherwise expect a LOT of unwanted attention, especially if you are really built like that!

davidsimpson93
Participant
@davidsimpson93

Yeah I agree:mad: Diffidently going to have to make this more manly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.