davidsimpson93
Participant
    @davidsimpson93

This is my fist tattoo design and actually the first drawing I can even remember doing since primary school so don’t diss 😛 Obviously a necklace design with the Egyptian symbol for life on it, ankh. The cross will probably be a dirty gold or something then with a blue sapphire in the center. The idea is that a beam of energy/light is coming out of it and sort of curling round my body shooting out stars and moons. The beam of light is probably going to be red blue and green, possibly yellow. Obviously the beam of light wont be in straight lines and will have more of a natural look to it but this is quite minimalistic and I couldn’t be bothered to add a lot of detail. Also this beam of light where it goes off the body will go on to the back then join up but I couldn’t be bothered to draw the back of the person yet

https://picasaweb.google.com/106237719994932705298/Tattoo#5625272163782063586

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

I don’t understand you… you want our opinion on the design, but forbid negative opinions?

test sig
anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous

Don’t quit your day job.

davidsimpson93
Participant
    @davidsimpson93

No I am fine to take negative comments about the tattoo I was just saying I’d rather people judge my actual tattoo rather than the drawing 🙂

Also no need being cocky saying don’t quit your day job when I’m not claiming to be good at drawing I just simply have a tattoo idea I want and wanted to see peoples reaction.:eek:

ArniVidar
    @arnividar
davidsimpson93;90226 wrote:
No I am fine to take negative comments about the tattoo I was just saying I’d rather people judge my actual tattoo rather than the drawing 🙂

Ah, gotcha! That makes more sense 🙂

test sig
ArniVidar
    @arnividar

I don’t like the idea at all. With the spiraling pattern around your torso, you’re essentially gonna look striped. That is far too little ink on far too big a canvas. At best I could place it as an arm piece, but even then it’d probably be strange. It also reminds me a bit of a TinTin book.

As for the neclace, I’ve never understood people that tattoo necklaces around their necks. For the price of that tattoo you could probably buy an ankh necklace with a blue saphire (or rather zircon or other such cheaper blue rock), which would A) be seen outside the clothing and B) be removeable once you tire of it.

test sig
davidsimpson93
Participant
    @davidsimpson93

I think you have made some valid points there. I’m still keen on the necklace but I think I do need to do a lot of work on what to do with it.