mastercangel
Participant
@mastercangel

Hey alright so i got my designed pretty much figured out … only problem is that it currently looks like 3 distinct tattoos and I want it to look like a whole. any input would be appreciated (if you can edit in paint or something and post picture 😀 ) anyway here’s the meaning of the tattoo… The left side is the word “music” in binary followed by the “equilibrium” symbol, and finally the right side says “life and love” in japanese. I would also like to incorporate evolution in it somehow without it looking cluttered. But the only symbol of evolution is that horrible little darwinism fish (jesus fish with legs ) anyway any input would be grealty appreciated !

thanks forum !
tatooidea.png

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hmm… personally I don’t think digital and caligraphy can exist side by side. The caligraphy is many shousands of years old, and is a very flowing and beautiful piece of art. The 1’s and 0’s are new, harsh and ugly.

You’re right.. that looks like three distinct tats, and I can’t for the life of me imagine it ever looking good together.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

It would be cool if you could do the asian script made out of a series of 0’s an 1’s. It would have to be a massive tat though for that detail and if youare going that big you might as well get something more detailed.

mastercangel
Participant
@mastercangel

well another idea i had was to make the left side a treble clef made of 1’s and 0’s (writing the word music) but yeah it would have to be really massive for it to be distinguishable. And i know the ancient caligraphy and the new age binary are complete opposite but that adds contrast (in my opinion of course) and at the same time right now japan is one of the leaders in everything technological and computer related so binary and japanese symbols are not that far off (if you think of it that way) but thanks for the feedback i’ll keep working on it and kleep posting up some pictures 🙂

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I don’t have an issue with the 0/1’s and the japanese that you have above- I see where you are coming from and I think it’s pretty cool. The problem is putting them in a tat that will LOOK good together. I think you need something to tie the idea together.

How big are you going? I was going to suggest some sort of background image that these symbols are super imposed on.

To be honest I think you could come up with something better than this to show evolution. This idea is a good starting point but I think you need to noodle on it more so you can define the tat better.

divy
Participant
@divy

nice idea. picture form would be cool. 2 pics one a computer in a dull room, other side bright nepal mountains with writing on a scroll or person reading a scroll….. sorry few cones to many!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.