lovalente
Participant
@lovalente

Hey guys, I was planning on getting this tattoo, minus the banner. Now Im wondering if the design is a tribal design and if it even has any meaning? Im not sure if I want a tribal design, I mean I like it but I guess it may have no meaning, or I may not like it. It adds more to the cross though

Cross_Tattoo_picture-6920.jpg

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

Well, to me the way it loops almost looks celtic but not to sure but that’s not tribal. Sounds to me IMO that you don’t seem ready to get a tattoo the worst thing you could do is force it.

Cheers
Marcus

lovalente
Participant
@lovalente

I am certain that I want a cross, and the circle around it also reminded me of a celtic cross, also the middle design appears to be similar to markings on other celtic crosses ive seen. I do like the design I just wanted to stay away from tribal. I wanted to find out more about that design before I went ahead with it.

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

By the looks of it I’d say that this design has no specific ties to any religion or style which in return would have no meaning.

Not to sure though

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It is loosely based on Celtic knotwork but as far as I can see from my books on the subject that this particular design does have a pagan meaning for the Goddess of 3 parts virgin mother crone but is not specifically druidic.

It could be an interpretation of the triquetra (three cornered – used to represent G-d, the son and holy spirit). The symbol has been around since around AD 30 to AD 80 in Europe and was made famous by the Book Of Kells in Scotland AD 800.

Looking at the cross and the linework I think it is a dedication to Christ and the Holy Trinity.

Take Care
Matthew

lovalente
Participant
@lovalente

Yes actually, thank you that helps alot. I wanted the design to tie in with God somehow, not just be a random tribal looking design that means nothing. I have already altered it slightly to resemble a never ending knot, which represents eternal life. I am certain this is what I would like tattooed on my arm and I am feeling much better about it now that it has meaning to me.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

i really like that design, definately not tribal. Celtic yes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.