CFH
Participant
@cfh

i came up with this design in honor of the late and great dimebag darrell. now its just a very very rough computer design, and is actually going to be a bit different if you can kinda picture it. the guitar is going to be taller/wider and the head stock of the guitar(the part with the nobs and wings on it on the very top of the guitar) is going to be bigger also so instead of having the CFH above it like it is, i am going to put it in between the two points on the head stock and also have the design around it wrapped tigher to the guitar. and have the word dimebag possibly changed to just say “dime” but for sure have it in a different font. i know its alot of changes than what it is now but its my first tattoo and i was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback or other ideas to maybe add to it to make it badass.

lkjadf.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Well the design concept looks good – I can visualise the changes.

My main concern is actually the lions at the bottom – if you are going to add them they will need to be bigger and more detailed to avoid them going blobby with age.

I would also crop the centre so that the wording rests just above the guitar head as this will focus the eye on the word. You could also wrap the dime in a scroll.

Personally i think it will look very sweet.

Take Care
Matthew

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’ve seen a few awesome Dimebag memorial tattoos, one was a whole backpiece with Dime as a zombie, clutching his Dean. Maybe it’s on google images somewhere?

CFH
Participant
@cfh

well how big would i need to make the lion crests to keep them from doing this? and your saying have the CFH part above the head and not so much in between in it. and im not sure what u mean by having “dime” in a scroll?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The lions would be best at around 1/2 inch and the scroll is a banner within the top of the tattoo where the name goes with the line work around it as a border.

Take Care
Matthew

CFH
Participant
@cfh

so your saying something along the lines of one of these possibly?
http://dragonartz.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/vector-banner-set1-by-dragonart_small.jpg
not saying it has to be one of those but like generally speaking something like that?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Something like that but obviously customised so it fits in with the design.

Take Care
Matthew

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I like your idea. You should take this to quality artist and let him tweak the sizing of the CFH and lions. My artist is very good at judging size and placement Find someone you can trust and turn it over to him with your ideas. It works better than just cutting and pasting a bunch of stuff. Most importantly, do your homework when looking for an artist.

frompy
Participant
@frompy

First of all the whole design will need to be drawn so it is tattooable, but I’m sure the tattoo artist can do this once after you show him/her your idea. My biggest concern is the size and detail of your idea. Where on your body are you thinking about having this inked?

CFH
Participant
@cfh

it would be on my left calf, more so positioned on like the back left corner of my leg if that makes any sense

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.