queenisis
Participant
@queenisis

hey. so i’m in the process of putting together ideas for a half sleeve. my bro drew this octopus awhile back. i was thinking about getting it put on my side/rib cage, but am not sure about it. i was thinking of incorporating it into a half sleeve design. placing the octopus on my shoulder or scapula and have its tentacles wrapping or twisting in directions…also i absolutely love the japanese inspired water designs and lotuses, so i would like to add those as well.
anywhooo, here’s the octopus. i would like it redrawn (without the tentacles wrapping around themselves and more realistic)….and i possess no artist abilites 🙁
so if anyone is feeling creative! 😉

well just wanted to share my idea….opinions and ideas are always welcome…:)

untitled.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

the idea would work as a sleeve but you will need to get a tattoo artist to draw one up for you to fit your arm and so all the best bits aren’t hidden around the back of your arm etc.
But i personally feel that the tattoo would work best as a rib piece .

queenisis
Participant
@queenisis

yes i agree with you totally. it was originally going to be a rib piece, but i wasn’t sure about stretching??? (if i were to get pregos in the future??) I think i would rather have it on my ribs, but half sleeve would be cool too…
….can anyone enlighten meet about if/how stretching takes place during a pregnancy?

queenisis
Participant
@queenisis

i meant me, not meet :p

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well my sister has a kanji on her tummy and is pregnant now and her’s is not really looking out of shape or anything . normally pregnancy weight is over months and not all over night so i think it could bare up quite well ..
and you could always use cocobutter on it ( when its fully healed )

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I remember seeing a tattoo a family friend had. She had tinkerbell on her side near her belly, and when she got pregnant, tinkerbell stretched a fair bit too.

queenisis
Participant
@queenisis

yikes…see i was thinking about putting it higher up on the side of ribs…it might be safer up there if i were too stretch :rolleyes:

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

If you have it on the inner ribs away from the stomach it will not be effected by stretching but that said the skin is very supple and with moisturisers it will usually return to normal shape quite well.

Can I ask the meaning behind the octopus?

Take Care
Matthew

queenisis
Participant
@queenisis

thanks and you may 🙂

I just wanted something different and unique to place on my side (original placement). I absolutely love the water and I’m kind of an animal freak..:)
I have always been fascinated with the creatures of the water world, especially the octopus. This creature represents some good symbolism and meanings; Regeneration, Flexibility, Creativity, Intuition, Intelligence, Adaptablility and Will are some…
….so other than being a cool fucking creature, I really enjoy what the octopus has to offer:)

I told an artist about my idea awhile back and he was extremely intrigued. I plan to get it after I graduate from college in December ( a little gift for myself )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.