Guallome
    Participant
    @guallome

Hey guys,

So I’m new to this forum and the world of tattooing. I’m looking to get my first tattoo done and I’d like to get all of your opinions on what I want to get done.

I”m getting this tattoo to represent my roots, seeing how both my parents are french canadian but ive lived in the Province Of Quebec (Canada) my whole life. I think it represents well where I’m coming from.

Tell me what you think and if you have any ideas to modify, you’re all welcome to let me know!

I would get it on my shoulder blade.

Thanks.

tattooguillaumebrissonv.th.jpg

Helsinki Harlot
    Participant
    @helsinki-harlot

Wow, that’s a nice design.
    I think it does go really well with the roots you’re trying to show. Only thing is, I think it might look better if each image was clearly defined, instead of fading into each other where they meet. One on top of the other.
    I’d also, when you get it, make sure you go to someone who’s good at doing more realistic tattoo’s, I think this might look a bit cheaper if it were bold and tilting towards cartoony. Instead keep all the shading and lines inside the two objects.
    You might also think about what it’d look like just classical black and skin? I know a lot of people will say that color is better but some tattoo’s end up just looking more classy without it.
    But that’s just my vision of it. Neat idea, hope you have fun with it!

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

I like the des ign but not how they mesh together. I would also put the leaf up a little higher or lower. Just offset them a little.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Will make a great tattoo but if you are going to mesh them you need a portrait artist who can handle a lot of fine detail and shading.

Alternatively you could get them separate but slightly tilted towards one another and maybe a family motto beneath?

Just tossing ideas in there.

Take Care
    Matthew

Guallome
    Participant
    @guallome

Hey guys, thanks for your input!

Yes definitly, if i get this tattoo, i will not cheapen out on the artist and i will take my time to make sure whoever does it is a pro at what he does.

Also, i would like to see this drawing as one big logo if thats possible. I would like to see the 2 symbols merge together and become one symbol. Sort of a 50/50 type of thing.

Does anyone on this forum do this type of thing?

Thanks!

Lizzeye
    Participant
    @lizzeye

I agree that the two symbols should be overlapping instead of fading into each other, and I like the idea of offsetting them a little bit (like making the leaf a little higher or a little lower). It might be nice if you added some kind of swirls or vines or something to surround the symbols.

Guallome
    Participant
    @guallome

Yes thats what im thinking too!

I need an artist who can draw this up for me, anyone or anyone on this forum that i can go/ask to get this done?

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.