jokokobean
    Participant
    @jokokobean

I wanted a tattoo for a lnog time so when i turned 18 i went out and got one. Unfortunately, i had no real ideas about meaningful designs and hated most of the coloured designs on show at the tattoo parlour. Anyway i had a thing about stars so i literally just got a thick black star outline on my shoulder…

currentq.jpg

It’s been a couple of years and i have always intended to add something to it. Just something to make it more interesting… i still have no deep meaningful design in mind and i still hate any colours and most tattoos i see on people. I spoke to a tattooist a couple of days ago and he gave me some ideas so i have drawn out a couple of options and would like opinions ๐Ÿ™‚

All would be black / white (possible with water shading):

3designs.jpg

Comments and criticisms are welcome =D Thanks.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Personally the first design seems to be the best of them.

I say this because it fits in with the tattoo that you have had done and is not an obvious admendment in terms of trying to partially cover up the star.

I have seen many half moons added to stars and frankly they look awful unless you get a very good artist to do it. Then you have to ask will you be bored with it in say 5-10 years?

The swan (bird) to me that idea would suggest you are going for a bad cover-up and would actually make your tattoo look worse (in my opinion).

To begin with there is nothing wrong with your star – it looks well executed and nicely fillied in.

If you do add to it why not consider the following;

Some shading so that the star looks more fleshed out. (Drop shading, mirror shading, smoke effect etc)

Adding some ivy or other flora so that it winds through the star.

If you like flames these can easily be added giving the impression of a shooting star. Or to wreath your star edges.

There is plenty of room for scripture, quotes, religious, zodiac symbols that can be added if they are meaningful to you.

Take your time and don’t rush your designs – also be thankful that the star was done nicely. I have seen plenty of shit star tats floating around.

Take care
    Matthew

jokokobean
    Participant
    @jokokobean

Thankyou, your comment is very much appreciated.

i agree with you about the swan being too obvious a cover-up, i just really liked the shape. maybe that will be another tattoo in the future…

anyways, yes i definitely take your ideas on board and will try out a few more designs ๐Ÿ™‚ failing that, i think #1 could be good too with some input from the tattoo artist.

Thankys for your opinion ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Actually i like it as it is , looks neat .
    im not keen on any of the designs , id add more stars , shading , colour and make it really funky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.