LuLuHarp
    Participant
    @luluharp

Heya!!… I’m new here and um I’m planning on getting my first tattoo soon. This is something I drew a while back and knew that I wanted it as a tattoo, but it never seemed complete. I recently tweaked it up a bit and now I think it’s just about finished. I wanna get it on my upper back right between my shoulder blades. Obviously it needs to be cleaned up lol…but please tell me what you think, and be brutally honest. Oh and I was thinking of putting color into the eyes and the chrysanthemum only…tell me what you think about coloring.

minewn0.jpg

eveline
    Participant
    @eveline

to me the it looks a bit messy, too much going on in the bottom area and it wouldn’t look nice on skin. try draw it again putting more detail into the hand and a lot less into the bottom part. try some light shading instead all almost black, basicaly i would ligten the whole thing up, rather than that it’s a good idea, nice one can’t wait to c it done

LuLuHarp
    Participant
    @luluharp

Thanks Eveline. I agree with you it is too dark. It’s a bit lighter in real life though, it’s just that at this point it’s been it’s been overly processed. I’ve scanned/copied it then took a pic of the copy with my cell phone. But ya…either way it needs to be redone and cleaned up…what do you think about coloring though?

eveline
    Participant
    @eveline

i dunno maby u should just give the eyes some colour and leave the rest black&gray

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

I think it should be black and gray. The tattoo artists out there can clean it up for you. It’s a nice peice of art though. The shading is a little off but again, that’s not a problem. Just tell your artist you want it touched up and it’ll be great. I love where you want it placed. It’s a great design.

LuLuHarp
    Participant
    @luluharp

Here’s a bit of a cleaner version…. it still needs some work. It’s so hard to get it perfectly how u want it 🙁 I changed the flower for a lotus just to see how it would look…not sure if I like it tho

lotuscityas1.th.jpg

AnGeLeYeSoNu
    Participant
    @angeleyesonu

Im not an artist or as experiences in ink as these ladies But the hand looks as if it should be softer somehow baybe the fingers neeed to be more extended than gripped if that makes sense:) Jus my opinion Its a beautiful drawing tho would love to see it when its done 🙂

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Looks much better. Curious… what is the hand holding??? May want to make that more elaborate. Hands are harder to draw than most other body parts… your tattoo artist can tweak the hand for you to make it more natural looking.

GingaSquid
    Participant
    @gingasquid

I think your artwork is great and a good tattoo artist will be able to finish/tweak your design so its perfect for you – and I think you should leave it black/white.

vicky

LuLuHarp
    Participant
    @luluharp

Thanks alot for ur help guys. I’m stupidly excited to get this damn tattoo lol. I have one more question for you guys…when u look at the design, what does it make you think of….like what do u think it’s about?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.