GaugeMe
    @

I was just curious if anybody had any tattoo art before their apprenticeship/career as a tattoo artist and afterwords? I am trying to get an apprenticeship and am curious as to what level of skill is required and where I stand, not that I don’t realize that it completely depends on the person and studio.

Thanks.

danotano
    Participant
    @danotano

ignoring everything most tattooists will say, buy a kit and go and maim some of your mates. If your half decent at art and hasvea rough idea of how to do it thats enough at first. you will need guidance etc bout basic setup but again, if your switched on you will latch onto a decent tattooist and pick up a few tips alkong the way. don’t charge any think and get as much practise as possible. Take pictures you’ve done to tattooists and they are more willing to help you out.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Don’t be fucking stupid, you can’t tell someone to go out and start putting designs on people if they have no idea what they are doing, thats rediculous and responsible for alot of bad shit going on inc. bad feeling when it turns out shite and major problems when infection gets spread, I can’t believe you think thats ok. Besides that you are not going to get a good result by investing in an off the shelf kit and reading instructions, it takes a long long time to even learn how to run your machine yet alone get the ink in. Reading your post it is no shock that really bad tattos and serious infection is rife out there.

danotano
    Participant
    @danotano

well im doing ok. and if people wanna have tattoos done then let em crack on. its not the end of the world mate. trial and error. i do tattoos because i enjoy doing them. Its entirely up to that individual and the person being tattoo’d. it jsut winds me up when people start preaching about whats right. By all means take health and safety into consideration but dont not do em!

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

I’m not doubting you are, but when your victims find out they have Hep C or HIV 5 years down the road where do they turn?
    Fair enough it is up to the individual to risk it, responsible for alot of shite within the industry though and I don’t think it should be encouraged.

Mind you, I’m quite opinionated about this kind of stuff.

danotano
    Participant
    @danotano

i think common sense should always be applied along with a large degree of caution where hygiene is concerned. i personally always use new pre sterilised needles and tips. i also stringently clean my equipment and cling film all surfaces as im mobile. my previous statement was abit blase where the cleanliness is involved. in terms of quality of work. as long as the recipient is aware of the situation and potential shit quality of work then i think its entirely up to them. but i appreciate that alot of shite gets churned out. but fuck it… makes me look better lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.