Baileyisme
    Participant
    @baileyisme

G’day,
    I’m looking at getting a tattoo on my shoulder or upper arm (where I can cover it) as kind of a remembrance for my parents since they passed away a couple years ago.
    I am not too sure what to get but I was thinking something to do with their hobbies.
    Both my mum and dad enjoyed camping and fishing, my dad and I also enjoyed hunting and flying his aeroplane together, and my mum was also a cook, so maybe if someone could possibly think something up from that, might be a bit difficult but if anyone is interested thanks heaps!

-Bailey

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Sounds like you’re on the right track with this but maybe do two separate tattoos.

Baileyisme
    Participant
    @baileyisme

Yeah, if i can find someone to design something and its easier for them to two different ones then i might do that.
    But if i could get it in the one tattoo that’d be great.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Sounds like a proper way to remember them, just make sure you swing by and link us any artists your thinking of going to 🙂

Baileyisme
    Participant
    @baileyisme

Do you know any artists you think I should ask to design this for me?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Baileyisme 142512 wrote:

Do you know any artists you think I should ask to design this for me?

Yes the tattooist that is going to be doing the tattoo. This is their job and most true tattoo”artists” would prefer that they drew it.

Baileyisme
    Participant
    @baileyisme

I’d rather go in there with something already drawn up, even if it isnt exactly what im going to get done, at least ill have more of an idea of what i want if i get a design or two done before hand that way if the tattooist wants to do their own design we wont have to worry about going through heaps of designs if you know what i mean 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Just find the best tattooist you can to do it. Then come back here and post a link to the tattooists work and let the people here that know what to look for approve of your choice.
    Nobody here is going to design your tattoo for you

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I like your idea of the hobby angle. I’ve drawn hundreds of sketches of tattoo ideas and I give them to the artist. He looks at them and puts them into my file. Then we both forget about them.

butt’s correct. Good advice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.