Grtdane
Participant
@grtdane

Hey guys I came to this forum for some ideas on a sleeve im starting in July. The sleeve is a compilation of the seven seals of the book Revelation. Ive got it all layed out except the 5th seal.

Revelation 6:9-11
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they [were], should be fulfilled.

Im totally lost on this any ideas would be appreciated?!

Dane

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi
The best way to deal with biblical stuff is to consider the hermeneutics of the piece (put simply how do you interpret it).

5th Revelation is complicated but I will try and break it down into something digestible.

The idea is that those faithful to God will be slain by evil men at the end of times who are working for Satan.

Their souls are trapped by the altar and they ask God when will He avenge them?

God frees their souls by giving them robes (turning them to heaven) but states that His plan is that many more of his followers will die before He takes revenge in the final battle (when the seventh seal is broken).

This means that a further blood sacrifice has to be spilled for the next seal to be broken (earthquakes etc).

It basically means delayed and planned vengeance on a massive scale.

For tattoo idea I would suggest a soul crying blood tears into a grail (goblet) placed upon a black altar with further souls in the background rising as angels (smoke like effect) into the air.

I would recommend a stormy background with thunderbolts and a tree on fire to represent wrath.

Take care
Matthew

ur_tatau_is_probably_gay
@

So here is how I would go about this; First of all, if you’re a holy roller then go back to your church and look your plaster crucified jesus directly in the eyes, say fuck you then take a massive shit, right in the middle of the floor. Second, take your bible and throwe it into the shit. Third, you’ll want to burn the shit covered bible. religious tattoo’s are inherently lame and blasphemous. Or better yet, take your favorite Harry Potter excerpts and arrange them in place of your soon to be lame ass tattoo, of which the world needs not another. your shits cheesy. unless of course you are some sort of ancient battle hardened warrior.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.