Bloops
Participant
@bloops

Hi!

Looking to get my first tattoo and I want to to be a simple silhouette of a road bike on my ribs (close to my heart). Like, just some circles and triangles:

141.jpg
PFBLogoRegular.jpg

Any help would be appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Panter
Participant
@panter

There’s loads on Google images, including some like you’ve described.
Or, just ask your tattoo artist, it’s a simple request and would only take a few minutes to design

ArniVidar
@arnividar

As Panter says, that shouldn’t be too hard to do, and any competent tattoo artist should knock that out of the park.

If you google “Bicycle Tattoo” and click Images, you’ll see a selection of ideas.

Just be aware that a perfect circle is completely impossible to do in a tattoo, so your tires will always be… squiggly ๐Ÿ˜€

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
ArniVidar;106694 wrote:
Just be aware that a perfect circle is completely impossible to do in a tattoo, so your tires will always be… squiggly ๐Ÿ˜€

especially on the rib cage !! OUUCCCCHHH!!!

Bloops
Participant
@bloops

Wow, thank you so much!

I think I brain fart and googled “bike tattoo” and “bike silhouette” instead of “bicycle tattoo”….

Squigly? Like, would you recommend like having the circles be more ovel-y?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Perfect oval, perfect square, perfect line, perfect circle…. all of these are (generally) impossible.

Your muscles move so much that perhaps only one body position in a million will actually show a perfect circle.
For instance, if you put a circle on your upper back near the shoulder, every time you stretch your arms forwards those circles turn to ovals ๐Ÿ˜€

The distortion may not be something that you ever notice or even care about, but you should at least be forewarned that it’ll never be PERFECT.

Bloops
Participant
@bloops

ahh k, makes sense. Yea, I’m fine with that.

Any advice on getting the lines to be clea. Like, I’d want the straight lines to look straight as opposed to squigly. I like that the tattoo will move with my body [i.e. circle to oval] but I dont want it to look like someone has shakes trying to draw straight? I should just try my best to be still and pick an artist with reasonable experience, right?

Thanks for the great advice btw

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The image used as a stencil to transfer onto your body will obviously have to be drawn with a ruler and circles. Then you pick a position that seems comfortable and ‘normal’ to you, and have your artist put the stencil on you in that position. After that you look at yourself in the mirror and flex and bend and whatnot to see how it transforms with varying position. If you’re happy with it, you let the tattooist do his or her job. If you get a good one, it’ll look as it does on the stencil and you’ll be happy. If you pick a bad/cheap tattooist it’ll look horrible and will haunt you in your sleep. ๐Ÿ™‚

Bloops
Participant
@bloops

thou shall not be frugal. K

I’ve got some shopping around to do

Bloops
Participant
@bloops

thou shall not be frugal. K

I’ve got some shopping around to do

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hah. Yes, do shop around. Tattoo mistakes are painfully permanent ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.