Kays
Participant
@kays

I’ve been thinking that I want a tattoo to remind me of the love of God and His presence. I need it to remember to stay faithful. I don’t just want a verse. I want something more symbolic, more meaningful? I have a favorite verse and I want to translate it into an image or symbol. Something more simple than words. It would go on my left wrist, which is rather small XD. This is the two verses.

“And let the peace of the Messiah, to which you were also called in one body, control your hearts. Be thankful. Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching wisdom and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God.” -Colossians 3:15-16

I think I like the second part the most, but I love it all. The tattoo doesn’t have to encompass all of the words. It could just be a small section of it. But I want a simple, symbolic image to represent it and the presence of God. Any ideas out there? I really need your help!! Thanks so much.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Kay’s;104443 wrote:
I want a tattoo to remind me of the love of God and His presence. I need it to remember to stay faithful.

Probably a stupid question, but why would you need a reminder of His presence and to stay faithful? Surely if you believe, his presence can be felt all the time and no reminder is necessary.

Kays
Participant
@kays
ArniVidar;104449 wrote:
Probably a stupid question, but why would you need a reminder of His presence and to stay faithful? Surely if you believe, his presence can be felt all the time and no reminder is necessary.

I guess need was probably the wrong word. It’s not that I need a tattoo to remind me of His presence and to stay faithful. It’s a want. Something comforting to remember His love at all times. Something so that when I look down at my wrist, I think, “Yup, God’s here and He loves me!” More of a declaration to remember His love. I won’t forget if I don’t have it and I don’t need to to remember, but it’s nice for it to be there all the same, to glance at during the day. Either way it doesn’t really matter cause I want a tattoo XD

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

arn’t one of the 10 commandments or what ever it is that you shouldn’t harm/mark your body in any way shape or form.

Kays
Participant
@kays
Wardy;104452 wrote:
arn’t one of the 10 commandments or what ever it is that you shouldn’t harm/mark your body in any way shape or form.

No. There is one verse in the Bible that says something along those lines, but in context, it is more referring to Pagan practices and like tattooing Pagan things on your body. I know many Christians with tattoos. It’s just another way to show our love of God permanently.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
Wardy;104452 wrote:

oh wardy, you’re very sweet and everything but please read a book! one of the 10 commandments?! lol

im a christian and i have 4 so far and another tattoo planned for this year, you could have musical notes, hearts, angel wings, all sorts, tbh i would research a good artist and take it to them and see what they come up with 🙂 good luck x

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

Maybe a sacred heart tattoo, with some musical notes around it or coming out the top with the flames? The sacred heart tattoo has plenty of religious/spiritual meaning. Do a google image search for them, you may like them.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
kittykat200;104638 wrote:
oh wardy, you’re very sweet and everything but please read a book! one of the 10 commandments?! lol

I read plenty of book’s but the book has to actually interest me and that mean’s it having nothing to with god.

I mostly read autobiography’s.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

wardy will probably recommend a flaming goats head next, we love him, he has good ideas sometimes but he might miss on this one……….

I dont like text myself, just my opinion, lines move and grow a little over time, the body moves all the time and I always think it looks wonky,

so imagery, I like the dove, sacred heart, rays of glory etc………if I were you I would use elements that exist in spiritual tattooing now and incorporate them into my own design……….then take basic concept to my artist of choice and have it drawn up and inked

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Why not take the words and get the text to form the outline of the symbol you want such as a cross, fish, or dove?

If executed properly they can look very nice.

As for the no tattoos many people will always qoute

28 “‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

However the word tattoo is a modern interpretation as at the time when the passage was written the word ‘tattoo’ simply did not exist.

The term meant any cutting or marking of the flesh that would be considered pagan or more correctly ancestor spirit worship. It was often thought that blood contained life that would allow the spirits of the dead to enter them so they could gain strength over an enemy.

But they always forget to mention Isaiah 49:16

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.

I do get annoyed when ppl are just selective in backing up their ink prejudices (biblically) by ignoring a significant passage against the very argument they are trying to use.

So if God can have a tattoo so can everybody else.

Take care
Matthew

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no doubt Matt,

also why do fundamental christians quote me punishment and law from the old testament?

Jesus came and brought the new law GRACE!…….the old law is gone……..I can be tattooed all I like

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.