aheard420
Participant
@aheard420

Hey. I’m a teenager and I’m looking at getting a tattoo. I know exactly what I want; my parents names. They have just gone through a divorce and I’m not coping well with it at all, missing one parent to the other so I have decided to get tattoos of both of their names on my body, so on some level, I can feel like they will always be with me. What I am struggling with at the moment is location, and a nice font to print their names in. My parents names are Andrew and Rebecca. I’m male, if that effects anything with regards to location.

I basically just need some help with some lettering and suggestions for locations on my body to have these names printed. I have thought about my pecs, both top and bottom, and the insides of my biceps, but I’m still not 100%. Please reply here if you have any ideas, or PM me, whatever works best.
Thanks,
aheard420

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

If there’s a chance you may get more ink in the future, I would avoid the large areas like the chest, back and so forth. If you put something like this in those areas, it’ll be hard to work them into a larger future piece.

I’m not a fan of any kind of lettering for tats but most people usually choose some type of script or this sort of thing.

aheard420
Participant
@aheard420

Yeah true, I think I will end up getting more ink in the future, thanks for the tip.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

two portraits, one of your mum and one of your dad on your upper right back and upper right left would be pretty awesome!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Honestly, I say screw the lame scripted name tattoo and get an image which represents them either together or seperate in happier times.

aheard420
Participant
@aheard420

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of portrait tattoos. I don’t have any, but I haven’t really liked the once I’ve seen that much. I’d like to get the names on the insides of my biceps but I just worked out that unless they are part of a sleeve drawing, then they wouldn’t work well with a sleeve. So, now I guess I need help with some half sleeve work incorporating the two names, and I’ll just stick with the names for now and get the sleeves once I have a bit more money.

Still open for suggestions, and thanks for all those so far 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.