chevcamo
Participant
@chevcamo

Ok, so I’m gonna make this short and sweet. There are two tattoo designs that I’m looking at to get. I have an example of both, but want to change a few things on them. I have went to a few local tattoo artists, but their drawing weren’t what I was looking for.

The first tattoo I’m looking for a design to is basically a very similar version of this tattoo only with the American flag. The designs I have gotten from artists have been circular when I stressed that I wanted it square.

skintattoo.jpg

I would like to keep the crayon look of it. And would like it to be around 3″ tall and 4.5″ wide. The tear design doesn’t have to be exactly the same, but I would like it as close as possible because it would show the American flag pretty well.

With the other I would like it to be roughly 1.5″ tall by 2.25″ wide. I would like the border to be a simple woodland camo around 1/4″ thick all the way around. The letter don’t have to be changed, I like the rough look of design.

images.jpg

Thanks guys and gals for any help.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Find a better artist and tell them what you want

And that first tattoo looks horrid, good idea though

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

go big or go home…

15731_1262817180852_1542401440_30662365_4129346_n.jpg

Amok
Participant
@amok
yodaddynukka;91739 wrote:
go big or go home…

15731_1262817180852_1542401440_30662365_4129346_n.jpg

dayammm that is one ugly tattoo!

chevcamo
Participant
@chevcamo

Well see I am a go big or go home kind of guy, but on tattoos I’m only gonna go so big. Plus I gotta leave room for other designs in the future lol.

chevcamo
Participant
@chevcamo
BigZach;91731 wrote:
Find a better artist and tell them what you want

And that first tattoo looks horrid, good idea though

Yea it does look bad after I cropped it, but the colors look better in the original pic. And the artists I’ve been to were supposed to be some of the best around. Might end up tracing the design minus the flag and then putting the flag in. But gonna wait to do that and let a professional do it first.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
chevcamo;91748 wrote:
Yea it does look bad after I cropped it, but the colors look better in the original pic. And the artists I’ve been to were supposed to be some of the best around.

No matter what you have heard or what you did to the picture the tattoo that you posted is not well done at all. If you go to that tattooist you will get a shit tattoo.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I think what you are trying to do needs to be larger than what you stated you want. The square vrs round thing is a communication issues with your artist, you just need to be firm and tell them what you want. If you want this tattoo to be good, however, you really need to be thinking larger scale, IMHO.

You said you wanted to make room for other pieces, why not just do that now or save up for it. I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but now that I have some serious work I *almost* regret getting smaller stuff because it limits the space.

My vote: Either make this an important piece and get it in the right size or pass on it. If not, you run the risk of getting a half assed tattoo that you won’t love.

C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p

It would look cool if one of the corners of the flag looked as if it ripped through your skin. Just have like one corner sticking out?

chevcamo
Participant
@chevcamo
C-los.p;91762 wrote:
It would look cool if one of the corners of the flag looked as if it ripped through your skin. Just have like one corner sticking out?

You know, that’s not a bad idea. I like it and after thinking about it for a few minutes, how about having the top star corner sticking out on a flag pole with one of spear ends, kinda like it poked through, and then the bottom stripe end coming out too?

C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p
chevcamo;91764 wrote:
You know, that’s not a bad idea. I like it and after thinking about it for a few minutes, how about having the top star corner sticking out on a flag pole with one of spear ends, kinda like it poked through, and then the bottom stripe end coming out too?

Yep, that sounds awesome.

chevcamo
Participant
@chevcamo
Gsouder;91750 wrote:
I think what you are trying to do needs to be larger than what you stated you want. The square vrs round thing is a communication issues with your artist, you just need to be firm and tell them what you want. If you want this tattoo to be good, however, you really need to be thinking larger scale, IMHO.

You said you wanted to make room for other pieces, why not just do that now or save up for it. I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but now that I have some serious work I *almost* regret getting smaller stuff because it limits the space.

My vote: Either make this an important piece and get it in the right size or pass on it. If not, you run the risk of getting a half assed tattoo that you won’t love.

Yeah, after reading back over how big I said I wanted it, I do want it bigger than that. I want it more like 5″ x like 7.5″.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
chevcamo;91764 wrote:
how about having the top star corner sticking out on a flag pole with one of spear ends, kinda like it poked through

I think that would be bloody brilliant.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.