IrvOnly
Participant
@irvonly

Hi All ,

So im thinking of finally having my tattoo covered up. I remember posting a picture a couple of months back and I got some good ideas. I would ike to know if someone could help me design a new tattoo to cover it up. I was thinking of having it replaced with a G clef and somethinkg around it but Im open to any ideas you can throw at me. I would like to keep it at about the same size or slightly larger as my work is not allowing me to have a large one…you know how it is……

Can anyone help me with this? It looks really bad right now and I want to fix it.

Thanks for your help. Have a good one

treble-clef-2.jpg

wrist.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I don’t see how this will work personally because it more like a block where as the one you want to cover it up with is more spaced out so you will still be able to see it. The only thing i can think off is if you get a background as well.

IrvOnly
Participant
@irvonly

Thats what Im thinking of doing like cover the whole piece. What would you do to cover it?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

A kick-ass sleeve/half-sleeve would look awesome but that’s just me. The tattoo looks fairly light so it shouldn’t be difficult to cover anything big would cover it really but i would say the darker the better to be honest.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Cover ups are tricky. Don’t rely on advice from message boards. Go see an artist and have an open mind as far as how it is to be covered up. Make sure you go to an artist who has experience in such matters. If you would like to see some of the possibilities, check out Tim Pangburn’s work. He may be the best on the planet for cover ups.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

What.. you gonna change the F Clef to a G Clef? You change instruments or something? ๐Ÿ™‚

IrvOnly
Participant
@irvonly

Lol. Yeah its a dumb story LOL When I got it I didnt really knew much about music. (Music reading, composition .etc). So basically I went to this tattoo studio and saw it and liked it and ended up getting it. Later (after getting th opportunity of studying music) to found out it was a bass sign. So there are a bunch of mistakes if you go and rhink about its meaning.

F clef: base notes in most of the compositions. Used for the left hand in piano music sheets and mostly used for bass guitar.

Me being a guitar player……and having the F clef on my right hand……..it just doesnt make sense LOL.

I should have probably thought better about what to get when I got it.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
IrvOnly;91374 wrote:
I should have probably thought better about what to get when I got it.

Quoted for the win ๐Ÿ˜‰

There’s no way to turn the F clef to a G clef though, especially if you’re going to attempt to fit it all in a similar space as it occupies today.

IrvOnly
Participant
@irvonly

Yeah definitelly

Its all good brother. We all fuck up every once in a while. Good thing is that everything can be fixed

Yeah probably cant really make it a G clef. I am just trying to get ideas to make it a cool piece.

I know it will have to be bigger. I just dont want it to be like a full sleeve. i think you know what I mean

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.