Sneakz
Participant
@sneakz

How ya going guys?
Basically I plan to get a few tattoos done in the near future and have some ideas but I’m not the greatest artist in the world so I need some help with designing it. So I’ll start with my first idea, I was told it can be done but can possibly effect my nerves. Anyway, here we go:

Idea 1: Puppets in the palms of my hands.
This was an idea I had to get and I tried drawing a few out and wasn’t really liking my sketches, I’ve been told by a few people if I get tattoos in the palm of my hands that it could effect the nerves in my fingers. Is this true? Anyway, I don’t have a picture for this idea but basically I want to have lines starting from the tips of my fingers going down to the start of my fingers. The lines would be string, attaching to the puppets body parts. So it would connect to the hands, elbows, and head. The puppet isn’t supposed to look stereotypical because that’s not what I’m looking for. I was thinking the puppet could look something along the lines of Kankuro’s puppet from the show ‘Naruto’. But with a face that looks similar to the Grudge, or an undead female. If I’m not making enough sense, please let me know but this is what the puppet looks like:

Kankuro.gif

Idea 2: Music notes on forearm.
This idea is from one of my favorite artists, 360. I’ve seen it done many times before but the look of his it really amazing. So I have a picture of it, not much else really to say unless anyone can make it look better than his one! It’s on his right forearm in this photo. (It was hard to find a clear photo):

360.jpg

Anyway, cheers in advance if anyone can help me out. (:

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’ve personally seen a few tattoos on the palm of the hand. It’s a Terrible idea because of the nature of the skin on your palm. It is near impossible to get any sort of detail and they always look faded out due to the calluses. Not to mention the fact that parts of it will probably fade all together from the constant wear and beating that your hands take. It’s a cool idea but probably not a viable possibility.

The musical notes should be easy enough for any half way decent tattoo artist to make look great.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

I’m with David on this one. I’ve never seen a palm tat that looked incredible. A good spot for a puppet is either the shoulder blade, where it can be incorporated into a killer back piece later if you like, or on the calf. Those are the spots where I have seen them and thought they fit, anyway. Yeah, go ahead and got to a “halfway decent” artist. It frees up the good artists for those of us who want quality work! 😀

Sneakz
Participant
@sneakz

Alright, thanks guys. It was just my idea because it isn’t very common and I hate stereotypical tattoos. And the idea basically came from A Day To Remember lyrics being ‘You know I’ve got you like a puppet in the palm of my hands’. So yeah, I just need someone to sketch out the notes for me so I can go to a local tattoo artist to see what he can do with it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.