gojrno1
Participant
@gojrno1

I am thinking of getting my first tattoo and would like some design ideas if possible?

All I’m after is my fiance’s name (wich is Lynne) in an old, swirly style font, with a bit of decoration around it, maybe a small heart etc., something with a little bit of colour.

I propose to put this tattoo on my chest or the top of my back.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Panter
Participant
@panter

As my artist said to me yesterday, “Tattoo’s are forever, spouses aren’t.”

Just saying 😉

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Dude don’t get her name, if you’re going to get something to represent your relationship, get an awesome piece of art that will look cool even if you break ties!

gojrno1
Participant
@gojrno1

We won’t be breaking ties mate, we’re getting married in April 2012! 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
gojrno1;92812 wrote:
We won’t be breaking ties mate, we’re getting married in April 2012! 🙂

Ok good luck with that no really good luck

gojrno1
Participant
@gojrno1

Anybody out there can come up with a design for me please?? Thanks! 🙂

Panter
Participant
@panter

To be quite honest, if you’re determined to go through with it, I’d have thought your artist would be the best person to come up with a design.
You’re quite specific in what you want, tattoo artists are professionals and I’ll bet someone could knock something up in 10 minutes that would suit.
All I could take down with me was the vague concept of what I wanted, and a few pictures for inspiration. It took three goes but we got there in the end so yours should be very straightforward.

Good luck,

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

A nice hand-written script name. No need for any kind of background or other decorations around it. Less is more. Congrats and good luck!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You don’t need to bring a design with you for something like this. It’s dead simple and easy to do for any somewhat competent tattooer. If he needs you to bring in your own design, he shouldn’t be going anywhere near people with those needles of his.

gojrno1
Participant
@gojrno1

Does anyone have any contact details for The Studio in Manchester?

Burnsey
Participant
@burnsey

although i like the idea of people getting tattoos to show their love for their partner, i do think a name isnt the best idea, especially if you arent even married yet. I remember hearing this one story of this guy getting his girl’s name on him, they broke up so he got a tattoo to cover it up. a year later they got back together and the guy got the name re-tattooed.

Not trying to scare you or anything, just saying you should give it a long thinking before going through. Whatever happens, hope the best for your tattoo and married life 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.