maladroit5405
@

My father died 2 years ago this July, and I got inked in honor of him last year. But now that I look at it I see that it’s not enough. I feel I have grown and the tattoo needs more.

I’ll give you the rundown on what the tat stands for now:
The heart and wings together I guess is in honor of my father’s dying, but the lightning bolt was a symbol of his temper. He had a crazy one, and I dealt with that every night. I resented him for it but when he died I still missed him. AKA, it’s an angry/confused tattoo

Now:
I have thought it over, and now I see that even though his temper was crazy, a lot of what he said was from love, just overly emotional. He wanted to protect me and he guess saw himself in me. Regardless of anything, I do feel I’ve grown within the past 2 years, and I will continue to grow. Out of death there is life. haha yay for the Bible.

What I want out of an add on:
Green and blue.
The idea Growth.

I’m thinking of plants and water. It has to be right though. And I think this will be difficult to do, seeing as it’s such an odd shape.

I do not want: A cross. I guess losing most of my faith came with the package lol. I still believe there may be a God, but it’s just not happening right now. 🙂

1zn0903.jpg

They are light purple wings, a yellow lightning bolt, and red heart. I know it’s difficult to see.

I am 20 now, so I guess that might give you an idea of my naivety. And I’m female.

Thanks so much!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.