bassplayer
@

Hey guys,

First off, I’m new here. Hello. From what I’ve seen there’s some really cool people here, and lots of great ink.

I have one tattoo right now but am looking to get another, hence my post here. I want the theme of it to be about “the conflict between logic and emotion (or reason and emotion)” that we all kind of struggle with. What do I mean by that? Basically I mean doing what you WANT, vs. doing what you think you SHOULD. Living free against living “smart”.

For example, I’m a musican. Every day I think about touring with my band, playing shows, and just devoting my life to making great rock music. It’s what I love. On the other hand, I reason that if I really commit to that, I’ll probably end up broke and living in a van somewhere when I’m 40 with little to show for it. Because of that reasoning, I have a regular career and don’t spend nearly as much time as I could playing music. It sucks but logically I know I’m making the “smart” choice.

See what I mean? “Logic will break your heart”. I want to put this into a tattoo somehow. Sizeable, but not massive.

I’m not a visual artist, so I really have no good ideas so far. I want to avoid anything to do with a heart design. But that’s why I’m here! Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

welcome to the forum

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

talk to your tattoo artist? they should be able to come up with something solid if they are a competant artist

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.