li21
Participant
@li21

Hi everyone

My first post here…
A few years ago I got this tribal tattoo on a holiday.
Totally regret it as it it too small, doesn’t seem to line up right and has little meaning behind it for me (other than being my first tattoo)
Was a poor decision from the start..

Is there anything I could do to either
a) “extend” it so that it looks like more of a band that will wrap right around?
OR
b) incorporate it into a totally different design? Maybe with this shape being the centre ?

I’m interested in getting a Buddhist design, but being tribal to start with. would that be too hard to convert?

Any ideas guys?
Much appreciated

img3994small.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

As ink goes it is not a bad piece from the pic is it is well shaded and neat outline.
There is a lot you can do either by extending the piece (require a reshade of the orig) or adding to it.

You could have anything from floral wrapping through and around it to something more exotic it is a simple piece to incorporate.

The only limits are your imgaination and choice of artist.

Don’t be so hard on yourself as a first piece I have seen many worse.

Take care
Matthew

li21
Participant
@li21
Sherav;83801 wrote:
Hi

As ink goes it is not a bad piece from the pic is it is well shaded and neat outline.
There is a lot you can do either by extending the piece (require a reshade of the orig) or adding to it.

You could have anything from floral wrapping through and around it to something more exotic it is a simple piece to incorporate.

The only limits are your imgaination and choice of artist.

Don’t be so hard on yourself as a first piece I have seen many worse.

Take care
Matthew

Thanks Matthew,
Makes me feel a little better about it

wondering if anyone has any suggestions of how I can extend it.. I dont have that great of a visual imagination and I find most of the artists don’t like to suggest anything, but rather I have the dsign in mind already.

Danni
Participant
@danni
li21;83798 wrote:
Hi everyone

My first post here…
A few years ago I got this tribal tattoo on a holiday.
Totally regret it as it it too small, doesn’t seem to line up right and has little meaning behind it for me (other than being my first tattoo)
Was a poor decision from the start..

Is there anything I could do to either
a) “extend” it so that it looks like more of a band that will wrap right around?
OR
b) incorporate it into a totally different design? Maybe with this shape being the centre ?

I’m interested in getting a Buddhist design, but being tribal to start with. would that be too hard to convert?

Any ideas guys?
Much appreciated

img3994small.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can’t help with the design ideas, but seriously don’t be so hard on yourself. You can definitely add on to that and make it look really awesome. My first tat was absolutely awful… I’ve saw a lot that were real bad. This is definitely something you can work with 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.