hannah2112
Participant
@hannah2112

I have made my final decision on what I want my first tattoo to be. I really like the bird with the long tail and the quote. Instead of that bird I want a humming bird and a little bit smaller. I also want it to be colorful.
I love the quote “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” Is it possible to incorporate that quote or is it too big?

http://www.checkoutmyink.com/tattoos/shazfp/first-tat-phoenix-she-flies-with-her-own-wings

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

The bird with the long tail?
Good to see youve done your research.

hannah2112
Participant
@hannah2112

What is that supposed to mean?

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Its called sarcasm.
The “long tailed bird” is a bloody pheonix it must be the most ofter tattooed bird ever.

hannah2112
Participant
@hannah2112

Right. I don’t want a phoenix though.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

So you said.

hannah2112
Participant
@hannah2112

People aren’t so friendly on this site…

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’m confused. Your post didn’t really make any sense but you’re getting pissed at the replies. You said you liked the bird with the long tail (phoenix) then you said you wanted a hummingbird and not the long tailed bird. This after saying you’ve made up your mind. Well, what do you want…a hummingbird or the bird with a tail which is a phoenix? If you want a hummingbird why didn’t you post a pictureof one instead of the phoenix? Hummingbirds don’t even have long tails. And that’s a lot of words for a small piece. Slow down and rethink what it is you REALLY want.

hannah2112
Participant
@hannah2112

I want a hummingbird with a long tail… And I figured that quote was too long, but just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger
hannah2112;78212 wrote:
I want a hummingbird with a long tail… And I figured that quote was too long, but just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Yea and I want to be ablle to deal with stupid posts without resorting to sarcasm. I think we may both end up disapointed.

hannah2112
Participant
@hannah2112

I don’t see how this post is stupid… I obviously know hummingbirds don’t have long tails, but I want a bird with a long tail and I don’t like the way phoenixes look. So, if you feel that way then stop replying. Thanks.

JesterPoet
Participant
@jesterpoet

I certainly don’t speak for everyone on this site, but my primary problem with your tattoo is it seems to me that you’re copying someone else’s. Many tattoo enthusiasts are not keen on others saying “Look at this tattoo this person has. I want this, with a few superficial changes.” It’s kind of like plagiarism. I’m new here, but my experience on other forums tells me that you’ll get a less than positive response in that scenario.

hannah2112
Participant
@hannah2112

I wanted a tattoo along those lines before I saw that picture. I just thought that would help to see what I wanted, but apparently I was wrong.

JesterPoet
Participant
@jesterpoet
hannah2112;78218 wrote:
I wanted a tattoo along those lines before I saw that picture. I just thought that would help to see what I wanted, but apparently I was wrong.

Don’t take it hard. This is the internet. Sometimes people are a bit more aggressive than they should be particularly if they perceive that you are stealing.

Here’s my gut reaction: I think you’re going to end up with a wonky looking hummingbird, because Cornish is right… hummingbirds don’t have long tails. That said, I’m not a designer for a good reason. The best thing you can do for yourself is take your idea to a good artist (honestly, you should just bring reference material for the bird… I’d skip the other tattoo altogether). Trust your designer and his/her vision. You’ll probably end up with something cooler than you imagined.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Here you go… I’m in a helpful mood so here’s an amazing hummingbird done by Nick Chaboya, probably along the lines of what you’re thinking of. With a little research you could have found this yourself, it just happens I was familiar with this already. Don’t copy it, not that it could be copied anyway.

http://www.zhippo.com/NickChaboyaTattoosMEMBERS/images/gallery/medium/Nick%20Hummingbird%202.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.