CSMI
Participant
@csmi

Hey.
I got an idea a while back while watching a guy get a crowd sourced hair cut. He let passers by take a few cuts of his hair. Some 50 people took part. it was hilarious and his hair didn’t turn out too bad haha!

I figured why not try the idea with tattoos? Obviously I’m not gonna sit on a street corner with a tattoo machine. That would be insane. Instead I decided why not have a ton of people collaborate on the art.

So I made a blog, and a facebook page and here goes nothing.

Crowd Source My Ink
Crowd Source My Ink (FB)

I’m hopping to get as many people as I can involved. I don’t exactly have a deadline yet, but maybe a new years type of thing if there is enough interest.

Let me know your thoughts, and I hope some of the artist types out there think this is cool!

**I’m not sure if this classifies as advertising, but if it does, let me know and I’ll delete it.**

amazingamy
@

that is a good idea, something i think alot of people would like to watch 🙂

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

so basically you want free tattoos?

CSMI
Participant
@csmi

Yeah, I hope to document the whole thing from start to finish! It’ll be a cool video to watch.

Yoda, the inking will be done by an artist I know, whether they charge me is up to them.
What I’m asking for is small designs from tons of people working together. So that a whole tattoo can be made from a crowd of people making one awesome piece of art. A large collaboration.

Saying I want a free tattoo is cheapening the idea a bit, so I hope that not what people are reading when they see the idea.

ataraxia
Participant
@ataraxia

i think it’d be cool to have a bunch of artists work on a single design, each with their own perspective. it would look like patchwork because none of the art would be uniform. i may do that

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.