dltt4
Participant
@dltt4

Hi all,
I am in the process of trying to find a design incorporating, butterflies and the lavender cancer ribbon. I plan on putting it on my shoulder. I want to do this in memory of loved ones that have passed due to different types of cancer. My 16 yr old daughter actually sketched one for me and I think she did a great job. There is a larger butterfly on the right, a smaller one on the left, each seems to be holding the ribbon which sits in the center. She also added the text: Gone but never forgotten. I’m just not 100% sure on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

it sounds like a very nice idea and means something special to you. what part aren’t you sure of, the text or the butterflies/ribbon part?

dltt4
Participant
@dltt4

I actually talked to a local tattoo artist this morning and he is going to work on my daughter’s design and see if he can add more detail and refine the image for me. I have faith in him as he did my daughter’s tattoo and it turned out exactly as she wanted it. He and I agreed to make one with the text and one without to see which I prefer. My first tat I chose only because I liked the design. This one I am really taking my time with as I want it to be original and I want it to make a statement without anyone having to guess why I got it. I am going to keep the two butterflies and the ribbon. The ribon will be lavender and I want the butterflies to be bold and colourful. It’s still missing something though and I can’t figure out what it is. I was hoping someone could take the design (I really want to use it since my daughter drew it) and add that wow factor into it. I know I’m not making it any easier because I really don’t know what it’s missing and I’ve been searching online trying to figure out what it needs to no avail. Any help or advice you or anyone else can give me would be greatly appreciated. Once I get it done, I will post it on here and give kudos to those who helped.

dltt4
Participant
@dltt4

In case you didn’t see my daughter’s design, it is in my album.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

This is a tough one. This is clearly a tattoo that has deep personally meaning to you and whatever we may think about the design will probably be trumped by the fact that your daughter drew it and the deep feelings you must have about it. At this point you need to go and talk to a few artists until you find one that you are comfortable with and can add value to your design.

A couple of points:

1) If you get anything close to what you have in your album you are going to have to go somewhat big- say 15 inches tall or more. If you go much smaller than that the details in the butterfly and the words will fade into a giant blob over time.

2)Color is going to be tough. I have seen some pink tattoos but the vibrant pink of the cancer ribbon will be hard to accomplish and maintain. Also, you will need to make sure the color in the ribbon goes with the color in the butterfly.

3) Um…. I have not three. I’ll just end this post with a random fact. did you know that NASCAR’s roots are deeply embedded in liquor smugglers from the 1920’s when Prohibition was in place in America?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

This is a tough one. This is clearly a tattoo that has deep personally meaning to you and whatever we may think about the design will probably be trumped by the fact that your daughter drew it and the deep feelings you must have about it. At this point you need to go and talk to a few artists until you find one that you are comfortable with and can add value to your design.

A couple of points:

1) If you get anything close to what you have in your album you are going to have to go somewhat big- say 15 inches tall or more. If you go much smaller than that the details in the butterfly and the words will fade into a giant blob over time.

2)Color is going to be tough. I have seen some pink tattoos but the vibrant pink of the cancer ribbon will be hard to accomplish and maintain. Also, you will need to make sure the color in the ribbon goes with the color in the butterfly.

3) Um…. I have not three. I’ll just end this post with a random fact. did you know that NASCAR’s roots are deeply embedded in liquor smugglers from the 1920’s when Prohibition was in place in America?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.