Mayonaise32
Participant
@mayonaise32

Ive been looking a lot for a memorial tattoo for my grandfather who passed away a few years ago. I prefer to get the tattoo some where that could be hidden. I was thinking maybe a giant cross on my back maybe but not really sure. Im not really sure what i want. Some things we had in common was both liked fords, money, and he was always teaching me how buy sell and trade live stock. He was saved a few months before he passed away. Any ideas will be a good Im not very creative need help! Thanks

Mayonaise32
Participant
@mayonaise32

Any one got help?

Mayonaise32
Participant
@mayonaise32

I was thinking maybe somthing like this http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac29/mayonaise32/?action=view&current=tattoo.jpg Id like some one to tweak it up a bit for me. Id like to maybe change the birds off the top and definatly do somthing with the woman on both sides on the bottom. Not sure really what i could add though any ideas?

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

It really is interesting how ‘hidden’ changes between men and women. For most women, a back tattoo of that size wouldn’t really be considered ‘hidden’ because of the range of different clothing we wear. I guess that’s easily hidden by a shirt or tshirt though…

Are you religious, or was it just your granddad who was ‘saved’? maybe an idea could be to combine things you associated with him in with the cross *reads those things* though maybe money wouldnt really fit the theme…Perhaps incorporate the livestock and have animals around the cross?

Also, this is going to sound horribly, horribly morbid but bear in mind I’m trying to be helpful – if you are getting a memorial tattoo for someone close to you…do you think you might get another for someone else close to you in the future? In which case…should you use your entire back for one person. I know that sounds a bit blunt – like, make sure you leave enough space…but I think it IS something to consider.

Best

Poesy

Mayonaise32
Participant
@mayonaise32

Thanks for the reply. I have considered that i thought about maybe replacing the two birds at the top with maybe possible ford signs then i could maybe put some animals in place of the woman or somthing. I was afraid they might kinda clash with the cross theme though. But I do plan to get more tattoos for my grandma and maybe a few other things. I dont think i would really put more than one tattoo on my back though. I dont know where else i could put them besides maybe on my side and chest. Because keeping them hidden is a must because i plan to be a federal agent. Thanks for the reply. You think the idea of the two ford signs in place of the bird would clash with the cross?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Personally, I don’t see how Ford can in any way connect to a cross, nor do I think that TWO Ford signs would ever look good. One car logo smack dab in the middle of a religious tattoo is strange enough. Two of them would have me gaping in astonishment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.