starvega
Participant
@starvega

Hey guys :-). Tattoo newbie here feeling a bit lost, would appreciate any help. I’ve been deciding on my first tattoo and have decided on the style of tattoo that I’m into, but am finding it really tough to find anything similar for further inspiration.

The only person I have found who does the work that I like is a French tattoo artist named Noon – I have no idea how to describe it, but it’s kind of like a kids drawing but really skillful, if that makes any sense? To get an idea of what I mean, his work is on this site:

http://boucherie-traditionnelle.com

And I’ve also found an artist locally (Brisbane, Australia) who has also done something similar (it was through e-mailing her that I found out about Noon):

http://www.aureoletattoo.com.au/wp-content/gallery/lil-tats/boy-n-girl.jpg

Can anyone recommend any similar artists for me to check out? Or if anyone knows what this style of art is called I’d appreciate it too, because then I could at least google it!

Would appreciate any help at all, thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

On that first link, I thought, wow these are really crappy tattoos… but I kept looking, and the longer I looked the cooler I thought they were!

I’m sorry, I’m no help. To me, these are very unique and would require someone with vision and a deep sense of art. Any one else would be just copying the style.

Good luck!

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Could you just ask your local artists if they would like to do some ink in a style like Noon, if they dont know who Noon is leg it!

starvega
Participant
@starvega

I think you’re right Gsouder, this style seems to be so out of the ordinary and unique that I might have a hard time finding anyone else who does it. Thanks anyway!

Cornishtiger – yeah, I may do that, the second link is from a local artist who can definitely do the style, but she didn’t design it herself. But she knows Noon’s stuff so that could be the way to go.

Actually, just thinking about it, when she told me about Noon she also mentioned another artist named “Ran”, but googling it gave me nothing. Has anyone ever heard of this artist?

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Check out Lionel Fahy

I adore the style you’ve shown and he’s immense at it. He’s also incredibly popular I think…

starvega
Participant
@starvega

Poesy, thank you so much! That is the kind of thing I’m looking for. When I was searching for Lionel I came across another artist named Yann Travaille, who is also similar, for anyone who is interested. It just seems crazy that this style doesn’t have a name; I was reading some interviews with the artists and even they didn’t seem to know what to call it.

Thanks for the help so far, if anyone else has any recommendations please let me know but I’ve got a lot more to look at now ๐Ÿ™‚

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Ohh his are pretty as well!

I only really like the happy ones – there’s a cute one of a boy attached to a cloud getting blown away?

I know, I LOVE the style – I’d just call is doodle style personally. If I ever got another tattoo it would def be in that style – my one and only tattoo is slightly doodleish – just simple black line, but not as abstract as those.

Annoyingly most people who do that style seem to live in bloody france! (or in canada…speaking french) Clearly an emerging french style?

starvega
Participant
@starvega

Yeah I personally prefer the ones that look a bit cleaner/prettier, not the really messy-looking/angry ones (don’t know how else to describe it!), the ones of people/kids normally look pretty good. Got so much to work with now, just got to decide on what to get!

Have you got a pic of your tattoo? I find the black line/doodleish look really appealing, I’m always really struck by it if I see it on anyone but it really doesn’t seem to be that common.

I noticed the French/French-Canadian trend too, hopefully it’s something that picks up in other parts of the world (Australia is about as far away as I could possibly get!).

Thanks for all your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.