stirx
@

Hey,

I know they’re controversial, and im aware of the issues but I want an all white tattoo. Having problems finding someone who does them and has the right kind of white ink for it, and was wondering if anybody knew of an artist in the midlands area, im based in nottingham.

Thanks!
Kirsty

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
stirx;63177 wrote:
Hey,

Having problems finding someone who does them and has the right kind of white ink for it

1. you wouldnt know the right kind of ink if it bit you on the arse, the artist could tell you it was the best white in the world and it might be cheap shite….. you wouldnt know any better

2. if you have done your research then you know quite well that nobody would even want to put their name and reputation on the line for such a piece

good luck in finding an artist to do it, if you get it done then please show us some photo’s, then call back after a year and show us some new images of it as an update 😉

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Outlaw is right and being a tattoo artist he def knows his stuff.

The only way to get a solid white tattoo is to use pigment that has a seriously high level of lead in it. This would create the block white effect you want but end up causing you blood poisoning, brain damage, or a mixture of the 2.

‘Clean’ white pigment simply will not last in the skin to make an effective tattoo.

The downside is that even you went on lead overload within 1-2 years the tattoo would fade out and end up looking like scarification (if lucky) or a smudgy yellow or faded white.

It is possible to get off white by mixing blues, violet and white pigments but again this is only good as highlights as spread over a larger piece would require a lot of work and up date care.

My artist did this white tiger but will not say the exact mix he used – as you can see it is not block white but quite effective – however it is high maintenance as will need a lot of reshades.

http://www.skinchaos.com/Large94.html
Take Care
Matthew

olethalake75
Participant
@olethalake75

i can tell you from experience with a “white” tattoo it will turn to a scar.
i wanted a baby blue no outline heartagram…… sooo i did it, yup sure did
and it definately didnt heal properly and now it looks like i got branded.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.