sn34ks
Participant
@sn34ks

Hi everyone
Its my 18TH in a couple of months and i am planning on getting a tattoo on the actual day.
Am a design student but fail to be able to draw well ๐Ÿ˜
I was thinking maybe like a paint brush and something with it or an octopus grabbing the paint brush (no colour )and then having multi coloured waves in the back ground.Does that sound stupid?

Any idead will be great ive trailed the net for hours and there is no tats on paint brushes

Thanks.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

So the only reason you’re getting it on your birthday is because it’s your birthday?

If you’re going to go and get something done you haven’t thought through properly, why not just get a nice Flash design off the wall in the studio?

In case you missed it, that was subtly infused with sarcasm and negativity. But there is a reason for this “witty remark” which does in no way mean any negativity towards yourself or your idea, and I will now explain it in detail:

I believe that if you (being humans in general, not you specifically) haven’t come up with a design, aren’t sure of the design you’ve come up with or have not sat back and looked at and thought of your finished design for a month or two, you should not be scheduling a tattoo session.

Going half-assed will, in a vast majority of sufferers, cause you to regret your haste or at the very least cause you to be not happy with your decision. The usual conclusion to that process is a cover-up… generally really well thought out.

Days don’t matter. Months don’t matter. Time, in general, doesn’t matter. You finding a tattoo that you will be really happy with and proud to wear, is the only thing that matters. Putting a deadline on it does not bode well for a thought out piece

sn34ks
Participant
@sn34ks

Well if i dont find whats roght for me by then, i wont be getting it done lol.

I have drawn a few designs but my drawing is abit crap so i cant imagen them as tattoos and every time i come up with an idea and think its original it turns out not to be, so i scrap it.I just want some thing that reflects me and am finding it hard to do.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
sn34ks;60588 wrote:
Well if i dont find whats roght for me by then, i wont be getting it done lol.

Good! I’m glad to hear it ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m sorry I have absolutely no favorable input on your question though. I’m seriously artistically challenged. This is why I draw buildings and stuff. Square is good for me ๐Ÿ˜‰

sn34ks
Participant
@sn34ks

Ok thanks any way do you know what section i should post this ?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, I guess the General Tattoo Discussion group has the most traffic, but I’m not sure it really matters where you put your message. That being said, perhaps ‘find an artist’ isn’t exactly the place for you since.. you already have an artist ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, have you made an introduction post in the Introduce Yourself group yet? Many like to see a posting in there by newbies.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

your tattoo idea could do with being at least 5 inches .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.