Emmy89
Participant
@emmy89

Im thinking about getting a tattoo in memory of my mum. She died nearly 2 years ago, and I just think it would be a good way to remember her (though at the same time im sure she wouldnt approve lol). I just dont know where to start. I have never had a tattoo before, i dont really know what i want or where i want it. Any ideas?

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

You can never go wrong with the oldschool heart/dagger/banner combo.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

First of all I would suggest reading the blog or clicking on my sig and going through it – it may help with some of your basic questions about tattooing.

As for the tattoo – I would suggest that you think very carefully about what defined the relationship and how you want to remember it or honour her memory.

Is there something that would symbolise what you both shared?

Are you a religious person? Would you want something along those lines (rosary, cross/crucifix, angels, praying hands)

Would you prefer a portrait tattoo?

Other things to consider are size?, if you want the tattoo to be visible or not?, colour or black and shade?

Have a brain storm on it and we will be happy to assist.

Take Care
Matthew

Emmy89
Participant
@emmy89

I considered that Jubakuba, but i dont think i want it very big, and think its gunna be my only one (though i hear they are addictive) so id like something a bit different.

As for all those questions…
I have been trying to think of something to symbolise our relationship but im having trouble. Im not religious, but she was. I dont want a portait, want it quite small, and i need to be able to cover it, as im training to be a teacher and they frown upon tattoos :/ and was thinking black and shade.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I would suggest a a small dove outline. They can be done very small.

The represent a lot of things including love, peace, and harmony (the things we seek in a relationship) but sadly will fly away at some point as the bird wants to be free.

This could also represent the passing of your mum who I am sure believed she was moving her spirit to a place where she could be free of any worry or pain.

Take Care
Matthew

Emmy89
Participant
@emmy89

aww i nearly shed a tear then, i like that idea. Would you reccomend getting ‘mum’ in text or just leave it to speak without words?

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

My brother and I got this one the day we buried our grandmother

446425959_1554712157_422988833_1255.jpg

Emmy89
Participant
@emmy89

aww thats nice. I gunna consider the dove, but dont want to rush into anything, its most likely gunna be that though. I just need to decide where to get it now lol

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Emmy

Both work quite well with and without text. Grief is a very personal thing and it really depends if you have the word mum or dates people will usually click it is a rememberance tattoo and may not say anything (so not to upset you).

If it is just a dove a lot of ppl may ask the meaning. It really depends on how comfortable you are about taking about such a sensitive matter.

@ Ontwo Just wanted to say that is a very nice and thoughtful tattoo.

Take Care
Matthew

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Thanks Matthew

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I like flowers, birds and anything pretty for memorial tats but I don’t like dates or names.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

just wanted to say sorry you lost your mum ! 🙁
the dove its a nice idea and holds a lot of symbolism

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

sorry for your sad loss,
how about a white dove, wings opened up and holding a banner that wraps around behind it that says mum one side and her date of passing on the other ?/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.