Jenthevet
@

Hi all,
I want a tattoo depicting a combination of the above things.
I want it to be big and colourful.
All along by back or up my side or across my tummy, incorporating my belly piercing maybe if it’s on my tummy.
Any ideas or similar designs you know of?
I’m in London, England if any if you artists want to design me something!
Thanks,
Jen

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well the title of this post made me think about eve picking a apple from the tree ๐Ÿ˜‰
so maybe thats something to think about ๐Ÿ˜€

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Jen

Well it really depends on how you want to tackle the tattoo as the bible does not really mention other animals other than the serpent but since G-d is stated to have created everything you can have whatever animals you like so that is a bonus! ๐Ÿ˜€

Fig leaves are definitely mentioned so you could perhaps have figs in there (fig plants shadowed by the tree of knowledge or figs hanging over the branches).

The fruit of knowledge was never specified either so you could have something that is really exotic (made up) or go for an apple which is an accepted symbol.

If you like biblical accuracy;

The donkey (or ass) also has quite a lot of prominence in both the Jewish and Christian Testaments

It is mentioned that a donkey was used by Solomon to ride into a Gihon to kick some arse. He was made king. (1 Kgs 1:33-44)

However interestingly a donkey was used in humility by Christ as he entered Jerusalem as stated by the prophet. Again he was heralded as king.
Zechariah 9:9

The lion and the lamb are quoted heavily especially in the Christian Testament so they coudl def go in (prob lying down next to each other).

Also the tree can be depicted as having an inner light or even consumed with a fire that does not burn to represent G-d’s power.

I would also put in a bird of paradise as the added colour would look great.

Hope that helps

Take Care
Matthew

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Jen

Well it really depends on how you want to tackle the tattoo as the bible does not really mention other animals other than the serpent but since G-d is stated to have created everything you can have whatever animals you like so that is a bonus! ๐Ÿ˜€

Fig leaves are definitely mentioned so you could perhaps have figs in there (fig plants shadowed by the tree of knowledge or figs hanging over the branches).

The fruit of knowledge was never specified either so you could have something that is really exotic (made up) or go for an apple which is an accepted symbol.

If you like biblical accuracy;

The donkey (or ass) also has quite a lot of prominence in both the Jewish and Christian Testaments

It is mentioned that a donkey was used by Solomon to ride into a Gihon to kick some arse. He was made king. (1 Kgs 1:33-44)

However interestingly a donkey was used in humility by Christ as he entered Jerusalem as stated by the prophet. Again he was heralded as king.
Zechariah 9:9

The lion and the lamb are quoted heavily especially in the Christian Testament so they coudl def go in (prob lying down next to each other).

Also the tree can be depicted as having an inner light or even consumed with a fire that does not burn to represent G-d’s power.

I would also put in a bird of paradise as the added colour would look great.

Hope that helps

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.