MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

I am looking to get a dragon backpiece to go with the phoenix that i already have, but i am having problems with getting the dragon design to work with my phoenix. I know about what i want, its just that there is nothing online that i have found that i can use as a reference, or that i like enough to help me design my dragon.

I am looking to have my dragon as if it is crawling on my back, with its tail wraped around my arm like it needs to hold itself up as it crawls down my back. Because of where the phoenix is located it would be coming down my right side/arm, and about half way down it would need to curve its body over across my spine and under the phoenix tail. The head of the dragon would be “curled” up looking at the phoenix, sorta like its pissed that its flying over him.

All i have been able to find its bits and pieces of dragons that i only half like, like oh its got the right body, but not head, nothing complete. Another compication is i am looking to do it all in 3d, and i already have the appointment set up, but thats in the end of febuary (My friend who was going to desgn it cant dow due to college). I will post a link to my phoenix so you can see what space i do have to work with.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=3448&pictureid=5216

Any help or tips are greatly appreciated

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Have you considered taking separate parts of the dragons you like to your tattoo artist to draw up the complete style that you like?

I did a similar thing with my backpiece I passed him the main dragon but also gave him several others and pointed out the bits I liked and he put it together for for me.

Sometimes it is difficult to find that one drawing.

The phoenix is very nice btw.

Take Care
Matthew

MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

Thanks, yea i have been thinking thats what i am going to have to do. I was hoping to get a more solid design for him to work with beforehand instead of giving him ten pics and go i want this with this but not that in this style.

One other problem that i am finding is that, as cheesy as it sounds, i want my dragon to look as if it could be real. Thats overal realistic style is what i went with the phoenix not having the fire, and thats what i want to do with the dragon. This is where i have been having the most problems, most of the dragons arent in the stlye that i like, some look like snakes with legs just poking out, others i feel are a little too crazy with their beards.

All in all i guess i will have to keep finding more and more pieces that i do like and see where i go from there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.