Blue1
Participant
@blue1

I’m researching for my new ink. I want a huge rib piece that will wrap around to a piece of my back as well as wrap around to a piece of my front.

What I want? Dragons with possibly orchids or some other type of flower. I’m not “girly-girly” by any means, what so ever. I am very strong willed, strongly opinionated, have a very strong personality and I have been thru a lot of shit in my 34 yrs…that I want something that “says” that.

Any help would be appreciated. I’ve googeld and done all the other search engines and just can’t find anything that knocks me on my ass in order for me to make the image mine.

Any links that I’ve missed? Thanks

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Blue

I have quite a number of links for dragons but would help what style of dragon are you after?
There are the Far Eastern, Trad-Fantasy, Modern fantasy, Metallic, Bio-mech, Serpent, demonic etc

Do you want the flowers to wrap around the dragon or to be a main part of the tattoo as in transforming a flower into a dragon shape?

Take Care
Matthew

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
Sherav;57361 wrote:
Hi Blue

I have quite a number of links for dragons but would help what style of dragon are you after?
There are the Far Eastern, Trad-Fantasy, Modern fantasy, Metallic, Bio-mech, Serpent, demonic etc

Do you want the flowers to wrap around the dragon or to be a main part of the tattoo as in transforming a flower into a dragon shape?

Take Care
Matthew

I’m thinkin serpent/demonic. I have a lot of hidden demons that I fight with on a daily basis to keep at bay so I’m pretty sure that line will best suit me.

As for the flowers…..kinda used as a back drop….(and you hit it) with them actually transforming in to the dragon?

It would represent what people (who know-know me) believe the type of person I am on the outside but have yet to figure out who I am and what I fight with on the inside . I have fought hard to become a good person and conquer life itself but yet I still fight with the memories of my life.

If that makes sense.

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

That sounds pretty awesome, blue, and what you’re saying makes absolute sense. From 1 person whose working on a tat with (sounds like) the same meaning to another, kudos on the shit you’ve pulled yourself through in life, and kudos for not just coming through it– but tearing through with colours. Can’t wait to see the design.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Is there a particular meaning behind the dragon you associate with, or are you open to suggestions?

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
Joker1;57406 wrote:
Is there a particular meaning behind the dragon you associate with, or are you open to suggestions?

I like the dragon b/c it signifies strength, freedom and fierce in nature (I am by far NOT timid) yet is mystical and mysterious…..

… What you have in mind Joker?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I reckon a huge rib piece of a leaping, snarling dog would make an awesome tattoo, if it was done realistically. Like a massive rottie, or doberman (my choice would be american bulldog only cos that’s what my boy is ;))

That would cover the strength and fierce aspects, it’s not really mystical at all though.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

I would start with a hibiscus lower back, hip area. A full plant, with lots of leaves and flowers. Bright greens, reds, and oranges. A nice, pretty, girly flower pieces. (hibiscus blooms only last a day and then they die and fall off, to many – this represents the transitory nature of beauty and youth.)
Up into the ribs, the leaves give way to scales. Transitioning into a traditional black and grey (some reds always an option in traditional Japanese) Dragon. Black and grey can be very agresisve when done solidly. The coils, scales, and claws would twist across the ribs. The snarling head would wrap to the front, and end under the breast. Pretty flower transform to mean and nasty dragon. That about it?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

just wondering if your going colour or black and gray

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
Chief D;57417 wrote:
I would start with a hibiscus lower back, hip area. A full plant, with lots of leaves and flowers. Bright greens, reds, and oranges. A nice, pretty, girly flower pieces. (hibiscus blooms only last a day and then they die and fall off, to many – this represents the transitory nature of beauty and youth.)
Up into the ribs, the leaves give way to scales. Transitioning into a traditional black and grey (some reds always an option in traditional Japanese) Dragon. Black and grey can be very agresisve when done solidly. The coils, scales, and claws would twist across the ribs. The snarling head would wrap to the front, and end under the breast. Pretty flower transform to mean and nasty dragon. That about it?

I like that Chief….I actually like that alot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.