Skalette
Participant
@skalette

I’ve tried my best, and sketched as close as I can get to the design I want, but my artistic skills are less than amazing, and to be honest, I wouldn’t want one of my own drawings on my body for life. This will be my first tattoo, and was wondering, if I take my rough drawing to the artist (when I choose one), will they be able to refine it for me, or will I have to find someone to perfect it first?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The artist will draw up the tattoo as part of the service they offer but if you have photos or pics of the inspiration as well as the sketch this would be a major help to them.

Take Care
Matthew

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Just find an artist who has a style you like & like what you’re looking for. Bring them the drawing you have for inspiration. Just remember that they know how things will look on your skin, and they might have some suggestions for changes that will really improve how the finished product will look. It’s like Christmas to see what they come up with! Any decent artist will do a free consult & draw it up for you.:)

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
ebiegirl;56947 wrote:
Any decent artist will do a free consult & draw it up for you.:)

please be aware that a lot of artists now do have a drawing fee which they will knock off the price of the tattoo when you go and get it done….. this just stops time wasters and those that want to take the artwork to another artist to be done..

personally i dont charge for drawing up things, but the artwork stays with me, and i dont allow them to take a photo of it before they get the tattoo done, as until then its copyright to me 😉

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova

IF you dont mind my asking…What are you thinking of getting?

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Find an artist you like and show them your idea. See what they come up with. Like Outlaw said, be prepared to pay for the service. If you dont like the results, you can always take your original to a new artist. The busier an artist is (ie in demand) the less likely they will be to invest time and effort into doing free work.
Personally, I will re-work a design repeatedly once a client has put down a deposit. I want to be happy with the design as much as they do, and I am PICKY. :p But a cash deposit is a commitment to the artist and respectful of their time and talent.

Skalette
Participant
@skalette

I’m not sure if I can explain it very well, it’s an ankh, but instead of a solid outline there’ll be graduated grayscale, so dark black around the shape, fading outwards gradually, almost giving the impression that it’s drawn in sand (although obviously that exact idea will be impossible to replicate), with the words ‘…you get a lifetime’ under it in italic script.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

just find a nice picture of an ankh and then go talk to your artist 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.