ellevehc
Participant
@ellevehc

Well I have been thinking about getting this done for a long time now. I finally have enough “information” for a general idea. It will be a full chest design. Maybe color, however to make the color/grayscale decision I would like to see it drawn out both ways first.

Also thought I would add this. Use this as a “template” and just implement my idea into it. It represents a very good job of positions and size.

chest-heart.jpg

Ok, so the idea here is a combination of heart, evil/darkness, and implementations of my own life. The center will be a heart. This heart will have the “torn” worn out look to it with stitches. On either side of the heart, so on each peck, will be a demon/skeleton tugging on the heart in a powerful destructive way. Preferably from the top of the heart. Think superman and how he rips his shirt off to show the S. Well same principle. Except instead of the S there will be another demon/skeleton trying to escape from within the heart. Also referring back to the stitches, some will still be intact while others will be ripped free.

Alright so far to cliff it down we have a worn heart being ripped open by two things with a thing coming out of the heart.

Well thats the basis. Some additional things I would like to add are a hand either grabbing the heart from behind to try and keep it together or a hand that is holding the heart up like a pedestal while all of this is happening.

Another addition would be something personal. One of the demons/skeletons will represent in some way my birth and include 04/03/90 while the other well represent death. I want that represented by a time glass that is about to run out.

There are still details I would like to add such as surrounding effects and looks but I dont know too many yet and would like to have a drawn out basis to add things too.

I guess my questions for now should be: Is this possible? Does anyone have a picture of something similar? What would you add or take away? Cost? (color/non)

Opinions, ideas, and comments are all welcome! Hopefully I will have the design done and start the procedure within a year or so. Perhaps later if need to be.

Anyway thanks for reading, BTW I am in the Seattle area so if anyone has an artist they would recommend that would help in the future!

framey
Participant
@framey

im not from the states but i think aaron bell is around that area

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Seems like a great idea and something that you have put a lot of thought into

I would start with the heart and build over time – but then again that’s just me 😉

Keep the forum up dated with your progress 😎

inkered
Participant
@inkered

Yeh agreed with aussie_al, sounds like you’ve really planned this one out. and its a good design too.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

sounds like you know what you want and how you want it , now you just need to have a sit down with your artist

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Have you found a good artist yet?

ellevehc
Participant
@ellevehc

Not yet. I have looked around but have had the chance to have a good sit down with an artist. I was hoping to get a more concrete idea on what exactly I want and what all needs to be added/removed to make the drawing flow together.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

A solid idea is great, but…
It ain’t gonna ink itself.
Find an artist you trust and get a collaboration going. Until you talk to a tattooist (and likely place a deposit) you are just wasting time. You get serious when you commit to that, not when you figure out what you want.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Chief D;57330 wrote:
Find an artist you trust and get a collaboration going. Until you talk to a tattooist (and likely place a deposit) you are just wasting time. You get serious when you commit to that, not when you figure out what you want.

Yeah very true the amount of times I had everything mapped out (in my head) and my tattooist told me certain ideas would not work on the body and suggested far superior ideas – that’s why I always tell him – You are the professional and I am just the customer!

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Right. And sometimes a collaboration will take the tattoo in a great new direction. I do all original work. I refuse to rip off another artist’s ink. Show your artist the picture that INSPIRES you and help them come up with YOUR tattoo. More than once I have had to tell a client, “no I wont do that tattoo, its already been done.”
Ideas however, are free for the taking.

ellevehc
Participant
@ellevehc
Chief D;57330 wrote:

Chief D;57420 wrote:
Right. And sometimes a collaboration will take the tattoo in a great new direction. I do all original work. I refuse to rip off another artist’s ink. Show your artist the picture that INSPIRES you and help them come up with YOUR tattoo. More than once I have had to tell a client, “no I wont do that tattoo, its already been done.”
Ideas however, are free for the taking.

Yeah I really need to find an artist in my area. I was going to ask if anyone wanted to draw something out, I have paypal if your a professional and serious, that I could ask for or talk about here locally but then read the originality post and thought that another artist would probably be hmmmm upset if I brought a drawing in from elsewhere and asked him to use it or work with it. :confused:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.