ConceptCheck
Participant
@conceptcheck

I’ve decided that I’m going to get another tattoo, this time probably on my ribs. I want the quote “Beyond the clouds there is the enormity of the universe.” It’s something my dad wrote to me in a letter a few years ago, and it means a lot.

Now, I’m pretty positive I want the words on there, but I’m torn if I want a design incorporated with it. I’m also woefully lacking in the artistic department, and I don’t even have a clue where to begin. So I’m turning to you all. Are there any ideas? Or can someone tell me how to even start coming up with things?

Like I mentioned before, I’m thinking for this on my ribs/side (but that’s been a contended idea of my own…), and I’m female. Any input anyone has would be hugely appreciated.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

When I read that, I thought of the milky way. You could get a detailed milky way sort of ribcage piece, with the script on the curling sort of paper (forget the name) wrapped around the galaxy.
Sorry, I’m pretty tired and can’t explain myself properly!

sorrowlovesEmilie
Participant
@sorrowlovesemilie

i understand you :), yeah maybe a night sky or milkyway motif of some detailed skyline would make the words stand out, or in an opposite direction you can have it looking like its on an old piece of letter paper and maybe sign it with your dads signature if you have a sample of what it looks like….

vala
Participant
@vala

Immediately what I think of is a magnifying glass which either side of it (or possibly all around the lens part)has clouds (maybe even slightly brushing into the sides of the magnifying glass. Then within the glass is a night time/sky/milky way (pinched off Joker1)/universe image.
I guess the words could go half an half above and below the image if you did want the words however personally I’d leave this till last to see if it’s needed or not.

Just my 2p:)

vala
Participant
@vala

Immediately what I think of is a magnifying glass which either side of it (or possibly all around the lens part)has clouds (maybe even slightly brushing into the sides of the magnifying glass. Then within the glass is a night time/sky/milky way (pinched off Joker1)/universe image.
I guess the words could go half an half above and below the image if you did want the words however personally I’d leave this till last to see if it’s needed or not.

Just my 2p:)

ConceptCheck
Participant
@conceptcheck

These are all great ideas! Thanks so much!!

I’m starting to get a feel for what I’m thinking of. I adore the galaxy idea. Definitely will keep it in mind!

Gingerkid000
Participant
@gingerkid000

When i read the quote i got an idea that you might like. Have clouds that are open on the bottom, like half clouds i guess, and then have a night sky mural across the top of it spreading out a bit with the quote underneath the clouds in a flowing script. It’d be easier if i just sketched something up really quick to show you… lol.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.