Fastrc51rider
Participant
@fastrc51rider

My wife and I got our first Tattoo together…. Antique Key and Heart Lock…. Personally I think the work is great on both but mine is jus kinda on there… It is horizonantly on my right shoulder above bi-cep… I want to add to it but dont really know what I could put with it … and I dont want it to look like as if it were an after thought… I for sure dont want to cover it up … Jus add to it … I seriously need help here!!!

How do I post the pictures?

Ok I figured out how to post pics in my album.. could someone help with posting them to the thread?

Photobucket

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

upload your pic to your album here or use a site like photobucket and use the image code here in the thread 😀

Fastrc51rider
Participant
@fastrc51rider

Thank you… I added the Code from Photobucket… also here is another… i dunno if I am doin this right or not…

th_046.jpg

Ok … cool it is on here and you can also see hers on the photobucket… PLease … anyone help with the design will be greatly appreciated!!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

you could add some chains , old school clouds , roses . maybe one red for the wife and one blue for you 😉
you could do quite a lot with your tattoo

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Is there something that both you and your wife have in common that would symbolise your committment to one another?

A quote or saying could be added to the key or ivy and floral effect.

Need to know a little more about tastes.

Take care
Matthew

Fastrc51rider
Participant
@fastrc51rider

Well … we have been married since August 13 2009… we started dating on July 12 2009… we jus fell in love… planned a wedding and got married… We have plenty in common as far as our likes and dislikes but not like a hobby or anything… we both love music, motorcycles, cars, decorating, gardening…. you see I cant really give any direction here… and I know that an artist really needs at least a direction to go in in order to help… I dunno what to say … I am normally very creative but I have drawn a blank on this one… I know I am not into florals, or anything with skulls or evil looking stuff… I kinda was thinking about turning into some kinda cross using the Key as the middle… I am Christian so religous tones i guess could be good here…

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone may can give

Wicked Ink
Participant
@wicked-ink

The key was done in traditional “old school” style (simple design, bold line work, heavy black shading). I would stick with the same style or the key is going to look out of place. Typically roses, nautical stars, Anchors, swallows, stuff like that are used in traditional designs. Hope it helps.

Fastrc51rider
Participant
@fastrc51rider

You are prolly right…. I jus don’t want the florals … I would gladly pay someone to draw some different stuff for me… ideas?

Fastrc51rider
Participant
@fastrc51rider

Am I asking a Taboo question or something? Does artists not generally draw ideas for people?

sorrowlovesEmilie
Participant
@sorrowlovesemilie

Hey If you want a person to design a tatt go into a shop- a good shop and ask them, personally i think old skool stuff would look cool, and if your into bikes etc, maybe a scroll with the date u first started dating/ got married ( if i was a tattoo artist which im not, id be very tempted to do a scroll with coup de foudre in old school text- coup de foudre meaning love at first site in french)…..

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

In answer to your question no it is not taboo to ask an artist to draw something up for you.

The reality is that few on these forums or other forums will draw something up because of the following;

They are pro artists and do not do things for free – it is purely business and should not be taken personally. Even them giving out advice is something they choose to do and actually takes them away from their main concern which is making money.

The second is that many tattoo artists do not like working from another artist’s template. if you pay an artist to draw something up you will likely have to pay a tattoo artist to interpret the same drawing and make a tattoo design from it.

Why pay twice? Just take your ideas to the tattoo artist of choice and they will draw it up for you at one charge.

Also just to cover the ‘x artist from here did x design for x’ – there have been occasions where artists have sketched something for free. This is usually because the person asking was a committed member/contributor or had some form of private agreement with the artist which means again it was business.

That or there maybe serious blackmail involved who knows?

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.